1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Ron Artest winning a championship teach the Rockets fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Congrats to Ron....He deserve it!!!!!
    Ron Artest is a tough player for championship.
    Morey once dumped him like waste..... :mad:
    There are too many "IF"s in Houston.
    Day Dream Team or "IF" Team???****!!!

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey is really genious!!!!

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I can't help but saying, Morey is really genius!!!!! :mad:

4. Codeo

Codeo Member

I'm pretty sure the majority of this board would be ecstatic. I'm not hating on Ron personally, but you should know that he could not win a championship on the starting five on any other team. It's annoying that such a boneheaded player won, but then again I'm not going to make a post everytime Sasha gets some new bling :mad:

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Indeed. If only Morey had kept Artest, that could've been us celebrating the championship. Morey doesn't know talent if it hit him in the head. :(

6. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

quoted for truth...I love Ron Ron, but you take the good with the bad...he didn't win it by himself...that would be Kobe...

Honestly, it doens't teach Rox fans anything...

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I like Ron. He gave the Rockets his all and put it all out on the court every night... and I can't help but respect him for it. So now that he's won a championship, I'm happy for him. He deserved it.

I was glad when the Rockets let him go because I felt they needed to head in a different direction. Nothing against him, he's just a little old and when you have a chance to bring in a guy like Trevor Ariza, I think you take it. I know Ron wanted to stay in Houston, but the Rockets didn't want him. So I can't hate Ron for leaving.

I just wish he wouldn't have gone to LA. Anywhere else Ron, anywhere (besides SA, Dallas, and Utah, of course) would have been fine. I understand why he went there, but I really wish he wouldn't have.

9. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You really didn't post this...did you?

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

As far as what has it taught me? It didn't teach me anything... well, except that the Lakers are good enough to win it with Trevor Ariza or Ron Artest.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm happy to see Ron get a ring. Too bad it had to be in LA and not in Houston.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It taught me to look for Bosh to go to LA.

14. AGBee

AGBee Member

Ron was the hero of game 7. Grats to him!

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Oh this is a classic post! I will never get over that one.

Ron may be a nutcase, but he is a skilled upper level player. He has looked awful with few exceptions through most of the season and the playoffs, BUT when it counted, he delivered. I don't think LA would have won game seven without him.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Carl wouldn't be wearing purple and gold

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its tells us that no matter how bad the media makes you look because of a couple incidents, you can still join a good team and win championships. Lakers don't win Game 7 without Ron because some other guy wasn't exactly being the best closer. :grin:

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agree 100%

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude Artest wanted twice the money that he eventually settled for in L.A. Let's not rewrite history. And I would gladly take him back if he brings Kobe, Gasol, & Phil Jackson with him.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank god we still have players who act themselves, not some scripted BS Stepford Player with his agent whispering in his ear. An ottomaton. No, Ron's the opposite. Sure, he's a character, frequently a loose cannon, a guy who can drive his coach nuts at times, as well as his fellow players, but he can be the difference between winning and losing. A difference maker and he's proved it. The man was a big part of getting us to the second round last year. He was a huge part of LA managing to beat Boston. Like all the good to great players, getting a ring meant validating a career. So Ron got his validation. When he's old and hurting from all those games playing beat up, all the hours busting his arse in practice and on the court, the travel, the media jumping on every mistake, the league barely tolerating him... when he kicking back and looking at his career, Ron's going to be satisfied.

He has his ring, and I'm glad he does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.