1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Ron Artest winning a championship teach the Rockets fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think the lakers win with no ron ron. His d was crucial.

2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I teaches me that I can not wait till the red and white confetti falls from the Toyota Center rafters next year.

3. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

What a stupid thread. I guess we need to cut Brooks and Yao and sign Farmar and DJ Mengba

4. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

It teaches me that we need Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Odom.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Ron Artest was horrible the entire series except this game. I think he hurt the Lakers more than helping them. I think Ron isn't that great a player...rather someone that just want to ride Kobe's tail just to get a piece of the Championship.

If i am the Lakers, i would get rid of him next year if they want to improve. But i don't give a damm about the Lakers so i rather them keep Ron cuz he sucks and make them lose. They should have lost to the Celtics. The refs just screwed up so many calls in favor of the Lakers.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All we need is a healthy Yao, and all of those Lakers to be one year older...

We got this...

DD

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I am happy for him and I am glad to see him in post-game interviews.

but seriously happy that he is no longer with us. he doesnt fit our scheme of things .. we dont have the players to cover up the mistakes he does (read: Pau and Kobe).. I will take Ariza anyday..

8. Codeo

Codeo Member

Hopefully it teaches us that there are undeserving players who will win championships.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying a team may not be as good if you randomly just take out a starter for nothing? Well, duh?

That basically makes Ron Artest > Vujucic.

Great, I guess.

10. Raven

Raven Member

That trolls look for every opportunity to stir crap up?

11. conquistador#11

That winning a championship is a team effort. Everybody knows that though.
    And a little luck doesn't hurt. It seems that when a team is destined to win, all the little breaks go their way. That could have been luther head shooting the 3 and the shot would have gone in.

If god could only give us one full year of health. Just one!! :mad:

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We need another good center

13. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

The hate for Artest on this board is crazy. He was more responsible for transforming the Rockets from soft to tough last year, a key part of making the D great, and a key part of the only Rockets team to get out of the first round in how many years? And everyone hates on him? Guess he's laughing last now, he's the hero of a Game 7 championship win. Some guys make a ton of mistakes and drive you up walls during the season, but deliver when it counts. Fisher, Wallace, Posey, Horry, the list goes on and on. You're better off with those guys on your team, in spite of the faults.

14. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Congrats to Ron.

**** Kobe.

15. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

This..

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Artest haters have exposed themselves before Artest and true Rockets fans.

Donte Greene nut-tasters are rolling over in their graves now.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No exposing necessary, I think he is 100% a MORON.....glad he is gone.

DD

18. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Congratz to RON

shame on the rockets for not signing him. .

19. Codeo

Codeo Member

Fisher, Wallace, Posey, and Horry made a ton of mistakes? This comparison doesn't seem accurate.

20. valorita

valorita Member

1) Reiterates that DEFENSE wins championships. If we want to win a championship, we cannot have defensive liabilities in our best 5.

2) You need a steady post presence and a dynamic wing scorer. Who will fit that bill for our team?

3) Great role players make all the difference. Fisher, Artest, Odom, and even vujacic all contributed. I feel like Scola, Battier, Hayes, Lowry, etc have the grit and determination to be that supporting cast.

4) that Bosh will not go to L.A. because if he does, he will be coat-tailing + LA won't want to mess with a championship winning team. However, it probably means that he will join either Lebron or Wade as teaming up will be the only realistic way that they will win a championship.

5) Morey will move up/down the draft to get the player with the highest potential. We already have the role players, so we just need that star power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.