1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Morey do now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 6, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Should: Add Jamychal green, trade Shump to add length (not iggy unless it’s a second or two attached, no firsts, we need them for the next disgruntled star) Decide what Eric wants to do. Trade him or extend now.

WILL: go to the media and say we love our guys. Continue to dangle them in trades while Tilman’s son tells everyone he meets what’s the plan. Shumpert walks to a team for a small contract. Eric expires we lose him for nothing.

Truth: This season we will still be competitive and maybe we get lucky and win it all. It’s hard to be mad when Kawhi is recruiting guys under contract. He’s really gross.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tweet something that makes no sense ! Talk talk talk talk talk talk

cheke64, saleem and Imanimal like this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Trade for Iguodala using Shumpert and filler. Sign either Marcus Morris or JaMychal Green with the remainder of the MLE. Then, the Rockets would have 9 legitimate rotation players.

Le$$ likes this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Retirement is a reasonable option.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

To me this feels like a lot of solid news for Houston. The entire league just turned upside down and Houston mostly stayed the same after being a really solid team last year. We are going to be a top seed regardless(barring injuries) BUT now there are several teams either motivated to fill out their roster with role players or motivated to get off salary and rebuild.

This wasn’t the case the last few years where teams were in a holding pattern on making moves trying to wait out the Warriors dynasty. Now teams are re-evaluating where they think they fall in the new landscape and you are seeing teams making moves and will continue making them until the trade deadline. We had mostly the same buyers and seller teams the last year or two but now those teams are changing meaning our opportunity to access different players and work with different teams has changed.

My prediction is Morey is feeling out which teams in the league are now buyers and which are sellers and he is likely going to take the long game of trying to see what types of players may shake out from now until the trade deadline. I think Houston is motivated to make some changes but like always - we aren’t making changes for the sake of making them - they have to make basketball sense for us.

studogg and mike2k132 like this.
  6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I’m guessing a Shump SnT is the most likely avenue we’ll use to try to upgrade the team at this point. If, indeed, we do intend to pay the LT. I’m skeptical, though.

Something like Shump SnT for Kelly Oubre. It’s going to cost us at least one 1st, though.

jch1911 likes this.
  7. jsingles

jsingles Member

Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!? Such a large portion of posters here scream to the heavens that Morey is the BEST GM in the business and no one else can hold a candle to him. How can this be?!?!?!?!?

8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Posted elsewhere, but...

MN: HOU 2020 1st (top 5 protected) + 2020 2nd (MEM) + 2021 2nd (HOU) + Shumpert (S&T) 1st year guaranteed + Davis + Duval + Chiozza + Frasier
    T-wolves pick up 1st and 2 2nds + shed salary

HOU: Covington + Dieng + Napier
    Sign Pau Gasol or wait for Marvin Williams buy out + re-sign Nene

CP3 - Rivers - Napier
    Harden - Gordon - Green
    Covington - House Jr. - Clark
    Tucker - Gasol - Hartenstein
    Capela - Dieng - Nene

#runitbackwithRoCo

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Something!!!!!

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Honestly I think now that the lay of the land is settle morey has more options. At first team could be Delusional with hope of winning sans gsw. Now it's a bear market. This is where the smart gm can make hay. Either u trade ur stars to get younger n picks to wait it out...are u trade ur pics to the teams that want to wait it out.

I honestly think morey can get some guys now fringe stars Beal's of the worlds. Something big will shake lose in the next 2 year I bet u

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Draft picks n cap relief for teams that dont wanna pay for a losing team in the clippers era ala gsw era. I think doors have opened more for morey to move. Call me crazy but this is the time when u can show ur chos. In a bear market..ala the housing market down that's when u buy

jch1911 likes this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

It is smart people.here. u get it. I'm actually optimistic..seems like more n more as we move along

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The former won't work, but the latter is not likely either because of Morey's obsession with a star. None of them are even remotely available, barring perhaps the injury recovering Cousins.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Beal might become available. There is no doubt that he is better than EG, but he isn't worth Tuck, EG and Capela plus a pick. Other teams can beat our offer too.

baller4life315 likes this.
  15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Ouch. That would be overpaying for him, IMO. Would 2 1sts do it, you think? Otherwise, I like it. The Rockets can't stand pat, even though I'm more bullish about their roster than many here.

Anyone else on that roster you'd like to poach?

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I made this post in another thread but I have further developed what Morey's plan of attack needs to be.

Morey's new recruitment strategy needs to be six pronged.

1. Our owner isn't rich enough. Ballmer has 50 billion dollars. Morey needs to use those MIT brains to develop an investment scheme to exponentially grow Tillman's billions. Once Tillman is worth 100 billion we will be a much more desirable destination.
    2. Lead the charge in a massive environmental initiative to change the color of water in Galveston to blue/transparent and import white sand to it's beaches.
    3. Work with climate scientists and the government to fix Houston's climate. It's too hot and humid. Los Angeles has perfected weather and I refuse to believe we cannot do the same.
    4. Lobby for a state backed plan to incentivize tens of thousands of instagram models to move to Houston and also bolsters our already thriving gentleman's club scene. Perhaps makes Gentleman's Clubs tax free - like a Church.
    5. Lobby for a plan that slashes taxes for marketing and media agencies enabling it to become a place in which our players can receive more spotlight and endorsements. Perhaps it's time for Nike to move from Oregon to Houston? What about Hollywood? I see no reason Morey cannot make that happen.
    6. Institute a plan that financially incentivizes elite athletes who are about to give birth to move to Houston and raise their children here.
    This is a long term plan but by the year 2046 star free agents should be battling to return to their hometown of Houston with it's beautiful beaches, perfect weather, beautiful instagram models, lavish gentleman's clubs, media and endorsement advantages and the wealthiest owner in all of sports.

WHY HASN'T MOREY ALREADY TAKEN THESE VERY SIMPLE STEPS TO IMPROVE OUR TEAM?

p.s. Morey, if you're reading this, you clearly need someone who can think outside of the box and I am your guy. Holler at me. Or at least subscribe to my newsletter.

17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Those who say “blow it up” are crazy.

This is the first time we won’t have to get through the 5 all star worriers.

An addition like Morris/RoCo/Green would def put us in position to get it done

Le$$ and jch1911 like this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The life of a ****** starring Daril Mory

BeardNation13 likes this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He will check mate when the time is right

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Lmao this was gold

Williamson and BHannes2BHonest like this.