1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Jim Rome think?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Holden, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Holden

Holden Member

I used to be an avid listener..
    but now that im a homeless bum...i cant wake up in time to listen to his radio program. im sure he has discussed this the past week. what does jim rome think of Yao Ming and his chances in the NBA? does Rome think we should draft him? im well aware his sports knowledge is far from supreme but im just curious as to his 'take' on the matter.

:(

2. wallstwizzard

wallstwizzard Member

Rome doesn't think. Like Barkley said, he is the village idiot..

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I thought Barkley liked Rome. I remember not that long ago, he was interviewing the Jet, and then Barkley got on the line from out of nowhere to mess around with both of them. If anything, I think Barkley respects Rome because they both seem to say whatever they want and damn the consequences; like getting punked by "Chris" Everett.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Pretty sure they've patched it up, but Rome was on the wrong side of the Pippen-Barkley thing. That was just about the time I stopped listening to him.

5. Possum

Possum Member

The Jim Rome show isn't even a sports show, it's a freakin Rome groupie show.

6. Old School

Old School Member

First off, Jim Rome will spend the majority of his show tomorrow talking about the Bond/Kent dugout scuffle...trust me.

Secondly, I have a great story about Barkley/Rome.

As many avid listeners know, Rome used to bash Barkley every chance he got...mainly because Barkley called him a "village idiot" and refused to go on his show. Well, one time in Vegas a few years ago Rome was in a restaurant and ran into Don McClain (sp) a mutual friend of Barkley and Rome. Barkley was in the restaurant as well. McClain brought Rome over to Barkley and Barkley said something to the effect: "If your wife wasn't here I'd kick your ass right now."

After talking awhile Rome was won over by Barkley's charming personality and since then the Barkley bashing has calmed down. I remember Rome getting on the air soon afterwards and talking about running into Chuck...of course he left out the threats of bodily harm.

It's true.

os

7. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

"Rome doesn't think. Like Barkley said, he is the village idiot.."

Ironically, many feel the same way about Barkley.....

Personally, I love them both.

8. junglerules

junglerules Member

I agree....I think it can be tough to bring a fresh perspective to the world of sports. 99.9% of the time, it's an orgy of cliches and malapropisms. I think Rome and Barkley, though, bring something a little different to the table. Too bad that spawns off countless reject mimick losers trying to do the same thing. :(