1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does it from a website to become part of the press?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by rocketsfan34, Dec 4, 2000.

Tags:
  1. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Clutch, like how did become part of the press so u could attend rocket practices? I'm wondering cuz since at draftsource.net, it'd be nice to have some pictures, and I was wondering what would it take so we could attend the press meetings, take pictures, etc. Is there a fee or u have to register with the AP or something? Thanks....

It'd really help out if there is a way to get press passes for close up pics and intereviews...seriously damn John, all the trouble we have to go through.

------------------
    Draftsource.net

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I can help with this one. At this time, the NBA is re-evaluating it's policy for internet sites. Press access is VERY limited to only a few people and NO multimedia whatsoever is allowed to be put on sites including images, audio or video.

They won't allow cameras of any kind for websites but you can take tape recorders to do interviews.

I've pointed out to the Rockets that it seems unfair to limit websites when they do not limit broadcast or print media that also have websites AND publish video, audio and images. But, it is a league policy for now.

You would likely have an easier time getting access during the summer for player workouts, etc. than you would to games.

Unfortunatley, until the NBA develops a consistent policy on internet sites, it is going to be a tough go. The main problem is that, if you let a few sites have access, it kinda opens up the flood gates to every person out there with a website. Media relations people are taxed enough with all they have to do for full-time media outlets. To have to police every website would be a logistical nightmare.

Your best bet is probably to wait until early next year when the NBA begins to set policy for the internet. Last I heard, their next internet meeting is coming after the first of the year (after the holidays).

------------------
    Mmmmmmm. Sacrelicious.