1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Harden need to do to win over the casual fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by split41, Jan 14, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rocket River likes this.
  2. smp

smp Member

He needs to dominate in the WCF and lead his team to the Finals at the very least. And that might not be enough. Winning a championship is probably what it will take.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

take it up with @BasketMAD

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I honestly don't even think winning a championship is going to shut up the haters. I won't call them critics since they just blatantly hate.

Any post about Harden on Instagram, you click on the comments and you'll see a myriad mentioning free throws and flops.

"Harden drops record breaking 83 points with zero free throws"
    - "yeah but he can only score off free throws" will be 80% of the comments.

It's been so instilled in casual fans this is the case that they're never going to look past it.

The zero defense thing isn't even an argument anymore if you actually watch a game, yet you'd still get 9/10 non-Rocket fans say he doesn't play defense.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

It's important to be realistic .
    Harden is a MVP and ultimate offensive machine

It's ok that he's not going to be Dekembe Mutumbo and block shots, that's not him
    It's ok that he's not going to win a dunk contest

Appreciate Harden for who he is and not how you fantasize him to be

This ain't NBA2K.

This is real.

If you believe in real, then you we might think you have some form of intelligence

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Who is that? Is this person noteworthy ? I don't want to make someone famous cause they yell at 99ers

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this guy won not one but TWO worst GARM post of the week awards last night, while simultaneously garnering a "best post" of the week award for one of them as well. I'd say he's noteworthy. He's BEYOND noteworthy.

8. SORF

SORF Member

He will never be liked unless he becomes a member of a California team. The media only love those players. No amount of MVPs or Championships will make him adorn by fans outside of Rocket fans. He just needs to be who he is and ignore the rest. Haters will hate, he can't change it.

I have a friend in Mississippi who dislikes him because of the beard...how silly is that? I told this friend that Harden was a great person and player. Their response was, maybe that is true, but I dislike the beard.:eek::rolleyes::confused: