1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think of Asik for KG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Jun 3, 2013.

?

KG for Asik?

1. Yes - Championship contention here we come

23.1%
  2. No - KG is a punk and old

76.9%
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Clutch's article got me thinking.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3964/dwight-howard-houston-rockets-makes-sense/

If we landed Howard, we would all of the sudden go from young team with potential, to win now mode. We could easily get KG from Boston for Asik, since Boston is ready to gut the team and rebuild. KG would be a perfect fit because he can shoot the mid range and plays great D. The rotation would look like this.

Lin/Bev
    Harden/vet min free agent
    Parsons/vet min free agent/T Jones
    KG/Dmo/T Jones
    Howard/Smith

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

that would win us a championship IMO

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

How strange that would be, to watch our team for the first time with KG & Dwight wearing our jersey. That would be a sight to see

But, to answer your question, I would rather try to get someone like LMA at the 4, using Asik.

I would love to also sign Stephen Jackson for a backup 3

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd be more interested if it was KG + some future picks. Even if they're 2nd rounders.

Asik for KG straight up just doesn't seem good value considering Garnett doesn't have a lot left in the tank.

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Yes.

KG will bring some championship experience to this team.

Imagine Jones/DMo/Smith learning from this guy.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Yes.

/thread

7. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Think they'd bite on TRob + Asik for Courtney Lee + KG? or something along those lines?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

KG and Howard?

The same guy who told Dwight to "PAINT YOUR FACE CLOWN" ? :p

Asik for KG? Meh. He'd be an upgrade on the current PFs but overall, doesn't do much (for me personally). I wouldn't do it.

Also,

The Rockets intend to build around Harden, but they don't intend to do it like Cleveland did when it had LeBron James and added older, expensive free agents who didn't transform the Cavaliers into perennial contenders.

#8 J.R., Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  9. skyline07

skyline07 Member

if we get dwight howard maybe....

10. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

This is dumb!!! Hell no. KG is washed up.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

No. We don't need another mentally unstable player in the frontcourt. Plus, he's going to fall off the old age cliff any day now. No reason to trade a valuable asset like Asik for that.

12. mario_v

mario_v Member

I'm surprised so many people would do this trade. I would not trade Asik for KG. Asik's stock is at an all time high. I would be pretty dissapointed if we trade Asik and the best deal we could get is an old, past his prime Garnett.

Garnett is a 2 year temporary solution at best. Do not want. We should have our eyes on Lamarcus Aldridge, or a Kevin Love caliber of a player.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We wouldn't have TRob since we need to dump his contract to get Howard.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Garnett on Rockets means I won't be a fan for a few years, that's all I can say..seriously one of the most disgusting human beings that has ever been in the NBA. His antics, his fake thug image, his crying like a girl when a fight breaks out and most importantly: what he says on the court. Go ask Duncan or Charlie Villanueva what kind of guy he is.

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

That all depends on PTB wanting to trade their star

Imagine them learning from the hall of famer Mchale

Why post another message just to sign your post?

Back on topic, that definitely would be an interesting idea if KG agrees to it

16. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

kg is still a top 3-5 defensive anchor in the league. his pick and roll defense is among the best all time. then consider his versatility to hit the mid ranger (plus be a great passer)...he's THE best fit in the entire nba on our roster. there is NO one better, with howard, or without. only problem is he doesn't fit our age bracket...but in terms of just game fit atm, he's arguably the best, imo.

17. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I had thought if it were a simultaneous or near simultaneous trade, i.e., after Dwight verbally commits, we push through with this and sign him.

But of course, now I see we'd have to sign him first due to cap reasons, and hence TRob would already be gone. My mistake.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

On the court I think that's a great fit. The problem is that Howard has proven time and again that he's immature, a headcase, and a baby. He can't handle playing with someone like KG who is a Kobe type personality.

19. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

He would be the verteran leadership that we need, but im afraid his wheel might fall off before we get to April. Lets try to get someone else, or just stand pat with what we have. I dont know if alot of you have seen Terrence Jones play but this guy would be GREAT not good but GREAT next to Howard at the 4.

20. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

1 person likes this.