1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think about Omer Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by exagg, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think your right that Omer has a lot more to do with our success than people realize. I'm not saying more than Hardin but after him Omer makes all of the difference in the world.

2. hakanerdem

hakanerdem New Member

I am from turkiye as well. Omers development lately may seem quick but I have to tell you guys that his development on the offensive end has not improved at all in the lst two years. He was very frustrated while he was playing in chicago. Now he has more opportunity to demonstrate his skills. His confidence relates to numbers. yet i can say that he is basicly the same guy who was playing for the national team two years ago. he has already reached his ceiling on the offensive end. he is still my fav turkish player tough.

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

He is of course right. Without Omer's defense and rebounding, we would never get away with playing stretch 4s that dont rebound well and running out on the break a split second earlier (before rebound snatched).

He's as integral to the Rockets as Harden. Lin/Parsons only equal third in terms of importance, and on this team with Harden being a great passer for a SG, perhaps Parsons even more important than Lin.

On the Bulls, Pippen and a good front court player was always more important than the PG, as long as that PG could shoot, space the floor and plays smart. Not saying this is our blueprint because well nobody has MJ plus Pippen.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

delete

#64 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, you might want to edit that post. Wrong forum, bro.

6. Grigori

Grigori Member

When a Rockets player sees Asik coming to set a screen for them, they get so exciting they jump on it too early.

;)

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was weird.

haha.

Honestly I thought Asik was a Republican crazy, but now he's cool.

8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

huh??

9. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Hope this is not true (his offensive ceiling)

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Hey , no reason Lin and Harden to be even better than bulls legendary backcourt...:cool:

11. Viola

Viola Member

He looks like him Edison Chen so they called him "Guanxi-Gor", which is Edison's nickname in China.

12. Viola

Viola Member

fixed.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Asik is awesome. Most posters here love to have him and consider him a bargain. His offensive game has improved. He is not good offensively but he is not atrocious so we are happy.

14. alethios

alethios Member

I'm pulling for him to win the rebounding title. It's so great to have such an elite rebounder on this team again.

15. str8diah

str8diah Member

Welcome to board mate am from Turkey ( but living at Athens atm ) Asik is developing well and guess next year he will be a total double double machine

16. SPBR

SPBR Member

Off topic but how are you able to start a thread on your first post as a 2012er? :confused:

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Good question. hmmmm

18. art

art Member

that's a BIG boy
    where do you guys rank him as far as strength wise for centers?

19. jocar

jocar Member

20. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Clyde: "Just dunk it" I know Omer is a 7 footer and all but he doesn't have crazy hops like Deandre Jordan, he's improving finishing around the rim though and that's all I can really ask of Asik. I honestly didn't expect him to be averaging double figures in points so he's definitely been a bright spot for this team.