1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you appreciate about clutchfans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikol13, May 4, 2010.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

So I've been here about a year now, not knowing what to expect when i signed up on clutchfans. All I knew was I've been a Rocket fan since 81, and wanted to talk Rocket basketball, and knew this was by far the best place to do it. I can't get enough sports, night and day, friends, radio, the paper but I needed more.

It took me a while to get acclimated, this being the first and only forum I've ever been a part of. I read almost everything but try not to post unless I have something to contribute. It's easy to dismiss this site as I've seen some of you do as "hey bro don't take this internet thing so serious", but if you think that way, I think you are missing something great.

Enter the people on this site, there are alot of you that are just monikers, but to me there are far more people. This place is very powerful IMO, people needing help with jobs, relationships, music, prayer for health reasons, possible alcohol problems, of course Rockets and sports talk, I could go on and on. So what happens? "People" show up in droves, from all over the country and world for that matter. Why? Because I believe people actually care, this is what makes this site so great. The amount of passion for caring that the people show here is overwhelming for me, it shows me that there are still great people that truly care and there is still hope for this world that can be so ugly. I've been fortunate enough to meet some of the heavy hitters on this site and I can tell you that, for as great of posters that they are, they are even better people, and look forward to meeting more of you. Some of you may say, man you're taking this thing to serious, but I just don't think so. This is much more than a Rockets fan site to me.

So that brings me to the point of this thread, what do you appreciate about clutchfans? For me it is many things as I've stated, but what it boils down to is the people that make this site great. So thank you to all of you, sincerely.

1 person likes this.
  2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

there are always pictures of hot women in the Hangout

seriously thats the only thing that has me coming back daily

edit: probably should be in the feedback forum not here

/being a forum dictator

i enjoy this site

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I appreciate the fact that in random daily interactions, if someone mentions "Clutch Fans", a 30-minute conversation is sure to follow.

1 person likes this.
  4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Clutchfans is a brotherhood, thats for sure. The Hangout is like the mafia and the GARM is definitely a Frat House.

I've met a lot of great posters and made some life-long connections based on this site.

Finally got to meet Clutch a while back and Thank him in person for creating this great place.

5. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

Sharing my love for the Rockets with all you guys.

The power of clutchfans reaches all corners of the world.

P.S. "the cool story, bro" the mazyar jokes, a lot of you guys seem like real genuine people, behind the internet badass attitude and moniker of course. The worst part is the D&D...I avoid that section altogether.

1 person likes this.
  6. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I've had the privilege of meeting several excellent people from this site, and I definitely hope to meet more in the future. I always appreciate the insights of the very many that post here, and occasionally actually engaging in discussion. This place really is a community in many ways, and one I'll always gladly be a part of.

One good thing that I've noticed is that generally speaking, most of the trolls and idiots that inevitably wind up here usually pack their backs pretty quick. I just wish a lot of people in the GARM would go ahead and move on. I've been here over 7 years and only vaguely remember the days when the GARM wasn't an unreadable cesspool. One day we'll take it back... one day.

1 person likes this.
  7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

1. i'd have to say meeting people on the board in person, not knowing their real name, and calling them by their moniker. just has a star wars convention feel to it.

2. this place keeps me informed. i avoid the morning/night news like the plague (too depressing), but i tend to be more informed than most when it comes to current events thanks to the thousands of folks that post news-worthy events here.

3. i truly enjoy the unintentional and intentional dorky stuff that people post here. laughter is good for the soul. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

being exposed to different kinds of people with different outlooks and desires in life, and being able to see things from others' perspectives...really translates into day-to-day life well, i think. plus everyone on here is cool as hell to hang out with. it definitely is so much more than just talking basketball.

1 person likes this.
  9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Best fan site on the 'Net, bar none. I'm telling you, between the Photoshop contributions, the intelligent discussions (outside of the game-day threads), and the excellent design of this site, you couldn't find a more talented group of people than on this site, I firmly believe that. Plus, it's about the ROCKETS, which automatically makes it one of the important sites on the Web. :grin: Seriously, it is by far the best fan site.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

For those of you who have posted thus far, Thanks. I either know you and or read you, I appreciate the feedback.

11. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Everything.

Hell, I don't even watch the NBA anymore (see other thread). The Hangout is my virtual community of brothers and sisters.

Viva Clutch!

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Pretty much everyone that's already been said. Meeting some CF members in the past was kinda cool in a nerdy kinda way. We'd make fun of the GARM and say how we avoid it... and then end up posting in it (in my case at least).

It's the best source for Rockets and NBA news for me. I very much enjoy the "players sighting" threads for some reason.

Oh and being that I don't get many Rockets games cept for when NBA tv decides to play them (never), I'm forever indebted to R2K for his vidoes.

Recover soon brother!

1 person likes this.
  13. YaosDirtyStache

I like how I still like all the clowns on this board esp *******, but no matter how much that poster annoys me I will always intently listen in to what he says bc everyone is an important part of keeping this place going.

I stay away from the D&D though, too much poo flinging.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I enjoy when someone meets a player from the team or a former player and posts his/her stories about it.

Pretty much what everyone else has said as well. The brotherhood even though many times people don't act like that, It is good to have discussions and see different sides to situations which you normally wouldn't.

1 person likes this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

/circlejerk

16. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Everything. This place is awesome. My favorite thing is that it's a forum devoted to the Rockets, not a bunch of NBA teams.

1 person likes this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I appreciate appreciation threads.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all the vernon maxwell fans here!

1 person likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Mutual respect is above and light-years beyond any public forum of size that I've ever been to.

2 people like this.
  20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ SHUT YOUR Q#(*D(@*#RFDH*&FH#)*&H)#&Ring *ss. :eek:

:confused: What do I appreciate, you ask? The
    That's what SHE saids. :eek: