1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do the Celtics do Now thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bongo33, May 11, 2011.

1. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Blow it up or add pieces? At the beginning of the season they were looking like the #1 team in the east, but father time has caught up (as well as injuries)

If your Danny Ainge (who may or not get fired), do you trade Ray and KG, who they will probably get very little value for. Or do you think KG is going to retire, he has expressed he will if there is an impending lockout.

The Big three is older yes, but I think they could get something for Jeff Green/Rondo + First round Clippers pick.

2. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

does Green know how to catch a basketball ?

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Gimme some of what Danny Ainge is smokin

4. snc

snc Member

I'd listen to offers for anyone, but try to keep Rondo. I wouldn't build around him but he would be the one I would try to hang on to. Better get what you can for KG and PP now.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Danny Ainge officially failed today.

Although most of us knew he failed as soon as he pulled the trigger on that trade.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What an awful trade that was for Kristic.

7. amaru

amaru Member

I think you have to blow it up.....their time is over.

8. bongo33

bongo33 Member

At least Doc is staying loyal (leaning to coming back), ended the press conference with - "I'm a Celtic"

Bright spot to a heartbreaking night

9. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

-But to be serious and answer your question, either blow it up and hit rock bottom or sign FA/trade for a defensive center and look for successors for KG and Allen in the draft.

It's not looking good though, and might just prolong the inevitable rebuilding process.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Blow it up and build around Von Wafer

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blow it up. You traded Perk, Doc's contract is up I believe and I think he's gone(going to take a year or so off, watch his son, maybe come back to coach then), and you gotta question how much those 3 main guys got left. I think they had a nice run together but their time has come and gone.

I dont think they are serious contenders anymore(for a championship.) Sure, they could perhaps win 45-55 games again, get out of the first round like this year, and thats about it. You may just be delaying the process then. I say blow it up, I think they'll keep things intact(few minor tweaks or changes here and there). Guess we'll see what they do.

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Here's a better question. If you're a team like the Rockets, who would you trade for on that team other than Rondo? Morey would do Lowry, Miller, and two first rounders for Rondo, but how would that help the Celtics?

Only a few teams such as the Lakers or the Spurs would make a deal with Boston, and even then it's hard because both teams are trying to win now. They made trades to go from a 20 win team to a championship team in one season. There's not much they can do now.

13. PeppermintCandy

I was no fan of the Perkins trade, but in hindsight, I don't think keeping him would have been enough to beat Miami.

Maybe if they had kept Tony Allen as well, but then again, Allen would probably not have had the breakout year in Boston that he's had with Memphis.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

If they aren't going to blow it up they have to find some offense. Getting a defensive center will help but will be pointless if they don't add offense. They don't have enough offense to win a title now.

15. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I think it's time to blow the thing up, but Allen and Pierce's contracts are going to be tough to move. Garnett's expiring deal might be a nice piece next season for a contender looking for some edge in the postseason, but just moving Garnett won't be enough to start over.

It's easy for people to roast Ainge for dealing Perkins, but he wouldn't have helped them in this Miami series. The Celtics struggled to find offense when they needed it and Perkins wouldn't have really helped them in that regard. I'd still agree that it was an ill-advised trade, but I just don't think it would have made a difference in this series.

16. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Agreed, lots of holes to fill.

Well if they can start a youth movement and find a scoring or instant offense type 6th man off the bench (perhaps a PG/SG)?

I Don't know, anything short of star two way type player (good luck, everyone else in the league wants that including us) I don't know how they can make it happen to win a title again.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah so many hoes to fill that it might be smart to blow it up. I have tried to figure out what they should add but I am struggling.

The instant offense type 6th man thing sounds like they should go after J.R. Smith.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its kind of crazy to say, but Ray Allen still looks really good out there to me. On both ends of the court. Am I crazy? He aged well...

They can still deal their parts for some good pieces. I can think of plenty of teams that would welcome a member of their big 3.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Big Three got bested by the Legitimate Big Three.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Memphis is plain too tired