1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It all comes down to what interests you. If you're interested in the technology, then its all about tokens. If you're only interested in the market, then you stick with the coins. At this point in the game, its not investing, its gambling. If you think Bitcoin is the future, I would think again. Bitcoin purpose was to be decentralized, but that is no longer the case. The massive ASIC farms in Asia and Russia have massively consolidated power. The constant forking of Bitcoin is the new ICO. What one has to consider is the rules change daily. The 'wealth' in Bitcoin is being consolidated every day that goes by. Eventually these Whales are going to bail on Bitcoin.

I still have a lot confidence in Ethereum. Buterin is very committed to the project. He's not in it for the money and I feel he will create a product that will work out. I would not even consider Ethereum in the alpha stage at this point. Bitcoin is suppose to be a means of holding wealth and right now its doing a terrible job at doing that.

LongTimeFan likes this.
  2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

So what apps are there to buy and sell, other than Coinbase? Also to transfer my coins from Coinbase?

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

very skeptical of people claiming to be able to time the market in this thread, but more power to you if you can

just buy and hold at a constant rate

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Tonaaayyyy likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No one is claiming they are fully able to do that and even experts get raped daily, but there are obvious signs that one can work out via the live pricing charts, for example on tradingview.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

Has Tone Vays or others mentioned anything about NEO?

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What entices you to NEO? NEO is the chinese version of ethereum. China is notorious for manipulating the market.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's iterated the view of 99% of alts having zero long-term value and only riding the btc wave, which means 99% of alts will be dead in a few years. I believe Tone only holds btc and no alts.

But if you're a trader, NEO is one the best mid-term projects because of Chinese backing and upcoming projects. Right now it's probably the alt with the most hype and the majority of altcoin holders (including me) got a bag of NEO.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Chinese ethereum doing work!

Time to sell @jbasket? :)

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Dang, I should've bought more (although it already is my biggest alt bag by far).

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Litecoin will have a place in the crypto world, even if BTC can manage to catch up in the areas it lacks compared to LTC. It's just assumption that it will catch up in all phases.

But even then, as a little bonus, Litecoin has the capability to be compatible with hardforks of Bitcoin with Segwit while Bitcoin doesn't. If there is a time where two Seg chains do survive and compete, you'd have to use Litecoin to go between them.

It's true that 99% of alts will go to 0 at some point... But that still means that a decent amount of alts will survive. I'd be hesitant to basically bank on BTC as being the end all be all... As most of these experts that say stuff like that have an agenda to push on their own.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Lol I was gone all weekend and missed the big pump. I was hella invested, but still decent profits. Is there still expected to be more news or no? Asking for friends @Yung-T @LonghornFan

Oh well, gains is gains.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

8.2k now, yieesh.

The pump happened because of some spreading China news, but the rumors were pretty baseless imo and have been around for months.
    Newest info is they'll just announce a Neo conference with Microsoft, so I'm expecting it to drop below 40$.

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

True true, which is why I just grabbed profits this morning. I checked CMC on Neo and saw it at $46, near top of the pump. Oh how sweet it would have been...

Probably gonna hitch my wagon on BTC, then maybe cash out. With the USDT controversy, do you see/hear correction coming soon?

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Talking about a USDT or BTC correction?

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

USDT controversy blowing up, leading to a BTC correction.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would be a logical conclusion, if the rumors turn out to be true. But nothing too drastic imo.

Some discussion on it here (starting around 19min):

jbasket likes this.
  18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I can see Bittfinex issue (tether) blowing up if the rumors are true and causing a big price drop. I don't know how much of a drop to expect these days with wall street and new money now in the fold. I can't imagine they would let the price cater like it has in the past, but really who knows.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

NEO news really turned out to just be that MS conference, expecting a big dump now and we're already well below 40.

LongTimeFan likes this.
  20. jbasket

jbasket Member

Any hazard of possibility of wall street shorting btc then scooping up when low?

I lost a lot of faith in NEO, I'm not gonna reinvest until an ICO comes up and there is a price pump. Very unprofessional.