1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Extra hot take: the bitcoin and auto-loan bubbles will be the cause of the next recession.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Me too. I waited on ether back in the day for a dip after spiking and it finally happened so Im hoping that this will too.

mrm32 likes this.
  3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It’s not coming back 70% like he mentioned. Waiting around has cost me a bigger share of the coin. Went ahead and bought some in the 300s ef it

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's why I said this, it's better to buy multiple times instead of only doing one or two investments where you endlessly hope for dips or corrections that may never happen.
    If you buy now and it dips in a couple of days or weeks, great for you and you can buy some more to average out the difference. But if it doesn't really dip or only does slightly, you lost multiple good entries.

sammy likes this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yea. I did that with bitcoin the last few weeks, so just said **** it and bought a modest amount of LTC. If it does at all I’ll double my investment. But I’m already up 50%, just covered my trucked note for 2 months lol.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Finally caved at 370. I hate myself.

sammy likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I still love you bae <3

moestavern19 likes this.
  8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

If y’all are getting in during a pump, might be best to scale in to limit your exposure.

Ie, if you have $5k you want to invest with, Buy in for $1k at the price if you expect/hope it dips. If it does, great, buy more — If not, at least you have a position in it to make some money.

Going all-in with $5k and it dips will not feel so good.

sammy, Yung-T and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Im probably repeating myself but I’m in it for the long haul or so I thought. These LC profits tho

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

When I first got into it, I was told to spread it out 70% BTC, 30% alt and a few cheap gambles. Unfortunately I did not do this with BTC and fell for a couple FUDs and FOMO's and the BCC trap.

One thing ill suggest is to stay away from this list: https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/ You might get 50%, or 100% or even 200% if you're really lucky, however tokens are not a good gamble long term over BTC.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

70/30 ist roughly my split atm, agree with the notion.

Regarding tokens, it isn't easy and there are a couple legit ones.
    Not sure why you'd say stay away from tokens and concentrate on coins, unless you're talking about only Bitcoin and extremely safe picks like Litecoin.

There's a ridiculous amount of coins with nothing separating them from btc, ltc, XMR etc long-term, so 99.9% will die out as well. Not that much better than the token risk.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

What’s bad about tokens again?

Recognie several of my former investments on that list plus one current

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Also got investments in some, I think he's talking about only investing in extremely safe coins, but not sure. The overall risk of tokens isn't worse than with coins imo, especially when the coin space is seeing thousands of btc clones.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Since you mentioned it, I am not implying any of the 'coins' category is a safer bet. There is plenty of garbage in that list too.

90% of the tokens are riding on the Etherium chain. Even though I am much more optimistic on Etherium than you are, its risky to bet on Etherium and the actual project. If Etherium goes belly up, none of those projects will transfer your shares onto a different platform.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah okay, see what you meant.
    I'm mainly staying away from ETH projects, plus I treat most alts as a way to increase money short-/mid-term instead of thinking they will still exist along with btc years from now.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The arbitrage between LTC on Coinbase/GDAX and other exchanges is 25% right now. Crazy.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Why is that though?

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's the issue when there are so few exchanges available where you can straight up buy for $ with little hassle. Coinbase is always overpriced when it comes to the big 3.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Like $387 to $300.

Like someone else was saying. If you have 5 LTC on Binance and 5 LTC on GDAX. Sell 5 on GDAX and then buy back on Binance then just reallocate between the two exchanges again right?

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So what is the downside from buying at $300 from binance and then transferring it over to Coinbase? Fees?