1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. prohibido

prohibido Member

Yes, the receiving wallet knows to expect the transfer. When I go clicking around on that side there is a sort of FAQ that responds to the question of why my transfer has no confirmations, and the answer is because you didn't pay a high enough transfer fee, dumbass. Which is fine, you know, except that I paid what the outbound exchange's algorithm suggested (as I have done before), and in looking at other transfers happening now in real time it does not seem that the amount I paid per byte is out of whack with whatever else is being moved around.

I would definitely appreciate your taking a look. Here's what I'm seeing:

https://blockchain.info/tx/bbea503d990a946879e50f18a2d577e927e9b035b42f711c04228914013f2905

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What are the exchanges you guys use? Coinbase or is something else recommended?

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Depends on what currency you're trying to buy or trade, solely btc?

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'm seeing the same info you've laid out -- in the unconfirmed pool, likely to miners not liking the fees involved. I would hang tight for right now, as frustrating as that is -- I don't think it's been 24 hours yet. I don't know of a way to speed up the confirmation process after it's been sent.

It would be more concerning if it was confirmed and never arrived. If you still don't have your money by tomorrow, I might start contacting Xapp support to see what they can do. Actually, won't hurt to start bugging them now - squeaky wheel gets the grease?

prohibido likes this.
  5. prohibido

prohibido Member

Thanks. I did reach out to them but they are not famous for their outstanding support. I do not believe that is unusual among exchanges.

As I said, it's puzzling to me because unless I'm looking at this completely wrong, the fee I paid per byte is not out of line with the transfers one can watch happen right now in real time. Which is why I'm wondering if Xapo is somehow dropping the ball.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Which apps do you guys recommend to track various crypto currencies?

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Has anyone used bitcoin as a medium to exchange from one country currency to another? I’ve been waiting to transfer PHP to USD but haven’t seen the sweet point in the rate. Trying to minimize or eliminate fees in the conversion.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Bitcoin is out of control atm.

There’s been no reason for the value to jump from $1700 in July to $17000 today.

This is unsustainable growth because of rampant manipulation. Welcome to a “free market.”

There’s massive fear of missing out going on right now and a lot of people are going to get burned.

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Also, maybe not?

DudeWah likes this.
  10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It was a joke... Thats why I said, "someone tell me I'm wrong"... Just so I stop envisioning a complete meltdown come Monday. I have no evidence of anything and the numbers are just made up shenanigans.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

same arguments have been made since 2013

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I made $300 or so in bitcoin today. I made $200 in mutual funds today on a very bull day. I have 75x more money in mutual funds. Clearly I should move it all over to BTC right?

13. LongTimeFan

Blockfolio, Delta, and Coin Ticker are good for tracking your portfolio.

HODL is simple and easy to look at app to track lots of coins. It doesn't keep track of your own portfolio though.

Can't tell if you're joking as you asked the same a few pages before, but no lol. Granted you can always invest more in Bitcoin, but I would not recommend going all-in with your safety net. "Only put in what you can afford to lose."

mrm32 and Yung-T like this.
  14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

crypto widgets. I do mine similar to the bottom ones but without the exchange showing (so just the price)

[​IMG]

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Okay, difficult to see who's serious over the internet.

Too many people are throwing out precise numbers and are telling people to sell, buy, wait etc, have seen a lot of morons losing money because of thinking of themselves as trading experts.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'm expecting a decent correction, but no idea how much. Imo, it could be 1k or 4k or whatever.

If it crashes, I buy...if not, I continue to hodl. Either way, it's great entertainment.

DudeWah likes this.
  17. LongTimeFan

Y’all just gonna act like it didn’t correct from 19K to 16K just today?:D

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Pushing higher again. So 20k tomorrow?

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member