1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What direction do you think Morey should approach this deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Dec 19, 2016.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

No :) this team needs more shooting, imagine another Gordon on the team or a center shooting 3s at 40% or Anderson shooting 50% if the improvement in shooting is to come from within.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Upgrade Brewer to Wilson chandler and hope that Stephanie and long spider boy get hurt and we cake walk to the finals

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sweep the leg

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely all in. Harden, Gordon, Ariza and Bev are the only untouchables.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So if guys are just going to stay in one spot which is fine I guess.

But it also basically locks the Warriors into being in the NBA champs for the next 4-5 years.

You can't force players stay in one spot but it's also not good for the league long term to Have a team with two players making super max and 2 other guys making 20m a year. I just don't get the competitive balance in that. For this year and next it's fine but the NBA will lose some fans imo if basically the Warriors get to have this huge payroll because of this loop hole they got with the tv money coming right when KD was a FA.

I hate the idea of the Warriors tbh. It's. not even about the wins and chips they will win it's that their owner and management rip anyone who thinks it's not good for the league or fair. Like how can they not see that this is bad long term. For now it's great but I'm not interested in watching the Warriors dominate for the next 5 years and no team can do anything to get better because now the money is to much to leave on the table.

Sorry for the rant.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So I've been doing an unnecessarily excessive and pointless amount of thinking about this, and the one trade I would consider would be:

Brewer + KJ + Nene + Ennis + HOU 2017 First Rounder

for

Tyson Chandler + PJ Tucker

Immediately re-route PJ Tucker to Orlando for CJ Watson and a 2nd rounder. Watson 2017-2018 salary is only guaranteed for $1m, so practically an expiring contract.

I'd be happy with that outcome, adding Chandler and CJ Watson without touching any rotation player but Nene. With this trade I could say I gave this roster the shot they deserve at trying to snatch a title and shock the world. I would LOVE for Harrell and Capela to learn by being around Chandler, and I think Chandler is a hell of a rotation C (or the best backup C) although overpaid and slowing down at his age. However, I would rather pay Chandler his contract than Brewer $7.5m till 2018. CJ Watson can shoot, fairly decent passer, good insurance/experience sitting behind our guard trio.

I think the Suns would be happy to save some money and get a 1st rounder for two guys who are in now way part of future plans.

That's the MAAAAAAXIMUM I would be willing to tamper with the roster. I know Noel is young and awesome, but he is a risk and I really do not want to touch the core of this team - especially Capela/Dekker/Harrell.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes it's a problem.

Like I said in another thread, the new cba will make star movement very limited which means hardens prime will come as the lone star on this team and the warriors will be locked in with a superstar roster for a few years

8. varughese.arun

I don't know about all that.

IMHO Cousins stock has fallen, less value now days. I think Morey will keep this core: Beverly, Gordon, Capella, Harden, Ariza .
    *If Anderson doesn't shoot well consistently then I see DM shopping him.
    ** If Capella plays like a scrub after his return, he's gone too. but I don't see that happening. He is young and I think he will recover well.
    ***Harrell and Deker's stocks are high and I see one of them being shopped.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think another PG and then Noel would be great targets. Philly wants some real good perimeter players so Montrellz wouldn't be what they are looking for.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think what really makes me the most mad is that curry and KD are not top 10 players off all time. KD is close but curry is not close at all imo. I think he's greatly benefitted the era and his talented roster hes been on which is not his fault. But i looks at his first MVP like I look at Steve Nash winning mvps yes he's hof talent but you can't tell me a guy who put up 23/7/4 is the MVP... I'm not buying it. Last year he deserved it.

But when it goes down there likely to have more rings than a lot of those guys. Like bird Hakeem Lebron. That's wack.

I really hope that they get upset this year (hopefully by the rockets) because whoever does pull it out is going to be a legend.

But F the Warriors and Joe Lacob. I hope all bad things besides injury happene to them. But they are light years ahead of everyone else so.... arrogant ass hole.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Only way we improve is by giving up something. I love the guys we have but just swapping some scrubs for just chandler is not going turn this team into a juggernaut. We're not here to be competitive against the Warriors, Spurs, Cavs... we're here to dominate and destroy those teams. If Capella Harrell, Dekker, and so forth gets us a real star then we do it. Don't look back and replace the best we can.

D-rock and Hui like this.