1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What conspiracy theories do you believe in?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by droxford, Oct 2, 2005.

Tags:
?

What conspiracy theories do you believe in?

1. I believe oil companies are in bed with auto makers to prevent new engine technologies

38 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I don't believe oil companies are in bed with....

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. I believe a cure for AIDS has been found but not released because it's more profitable to treat it

9 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. I don't believe a cure for AIDS has been found....

44 vote(s)
    57.9%
  5. I believe a cure for cancer has been found but not released because it's more profitable to treat it

9 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. I don't believe a cure for cancer has been found....

44 vote(s)
    57.9%
  7. I believe cures for other diseases have been found, but not released: treatment is more profitable

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  8. I don't believe the medical industry...

36 vote(s)
    47.4%
  9. I believe the government has evidence of and technology from extraterrestrial beings

28 vote(s)
    36.8%
  10. I believe the government has evidence...

33 vote(s)
    43.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. droxford

droxford Member

I'd have to disagree. Monica-gate was just more recent. Also, the political ramifications and cover-up of Monica-gate don't run nearly as deep as the Watergate scandal.

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Whiteout is the best read for this I have heard if anyone is interested.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't believe the Michael Jordan one. You have to remember the circumstances. They had just won three in a row which I believe no team had done since the Bill Russell Celtics. His father was killed. There was no one in the NBA who even came close to challenging his status. He probably felt bored and invincible at the same time and wanted to try something difference.

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The JFK Assassination has to be a conspiracy, no doubt about that one, consider these facts.

Oswalt was shot before he could ever talk about it...

JFK's body was tampered with...

The 100% intact bullet (despite fragments found in that other dudes body) that was found on a stretcher in the hospital.

On his parade route, he might as well have had a huge target on his back, with tons of sniper positions all around him.

The Secret Service acted suspiciously during that parade, for instance, if you look at the film you could see the driver speed up only after the kill shot hit him. The guy actually looks back after the first few shots and keeps SLOWING DOWN until he sees JFK's brains fly out the back of his head, not until then does he speed up. There are other things they did wrong, and some things the Secret Service and Dallas police were told not to do, but I can't remember them right now.

The doctor who preformed the autopsy had never preformed an autopsy on a gun shot wound fatality. The same doctor LOST his brain, burned his autopsy notes and made several other mistakes. We're talking about a President's autopsy, not Joe Nobody's autopsy, but the President of the United States.

In those videos you could see people run from the famous grassy knoll, some even run towards it thinking they could catch the shooter, shots were definately fired from that area.

Those are just some of the huge doubts surrounding the JFK assassination now some of them might be false, but with so many there has to be some sort of conspiracy. A scrub like Oswalt assassinating the President, ALONE, is comparable to me beating down Tracy McGrady in a game of one on one to 21, 21-4.

Who and why? I can't remember all of those details, the most compelling explanation pointed at the US Government, Richard Nixon and the old Bushes. However, you will find that the answers to who and why are all over the place from the mafia to Castro to the Nazis, I think it's because us common folk have no idea what goes on in the government, we can only put some evidence together and speculate.

9-11? I hope to God that that one is completely bogus.

Aliens? No, however, I do believe that the US military has aircraft that would blow our minds. That's what people see in the sky, and the extraterrestrial angle is a big cover up.

I do believe that the government could stop drugs from getting into this country, but they choose not to, just like they choose not to stop illegal immigration.

I believe that the US Military could end the Iraq war, and any war for that matter, in no time, but choose not to because the longer a war goes the bigger the profits are.

If AIDS is a disease created by the government as a population control weapon then there is obviously a cure for it. That said, who knows if it really is a created disease, again, I hope to God that it isn't.

One huge conspiracy that doesn't get much play is the Federal Reserve conspiracy, there's some interesting believable stuff in that one.

Michael Jordan? I doubt it. I mean, a secret suspension wouldn't teach him anything, it was basically an 18 month vacation, yeah that must have hurt.

All in all, I don't think the government is even close to 25% honest with it's people, why should they be?

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

And this is a shock to you?

Religion (all) is the biggest conspiracy.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

The Cuban Missed Call Crisis is what I believe in

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Oil is not a fossil fuel ~ there is an (virtually) endless supply that is produced deep within the earth.

link

8. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Oh Oh! I like this one!

Bush nominated Miers in exchange for DeLay getting off the hot seat!!!

that one's awesome!

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Chance, I hope you feel better soon. Too many meds, strep throat, ClutchFans controversy... I know all that has to be affecting you. Good luck, and hope you regain normal brain function very quickly. :)

Keep D&D Civil.

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Solent green is people!!!!

IT'S PEOPLE!!!!!

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is incredibly goofy. I think the United States Navy's credibility will hold up just fine.

https://www.cnn.com/americas/live-news/titanic-missing-sub-oceangate-06-22-23/index.html

US Navy detected implosion on Sunday and relayed information to search efforts, official says
    From CNN's Oren Liebermann

The US Navy detected an acoustic signature consistent with an implosion on Sunday in the general area where the Titan submersible was diving in the North Atlantic when it lost communication with its support ship, according to a senior Navy official.

The Navy immediately relayed that information to the on-scene commanders leading the search effort, the official said Thursday, adding that information was used to narrow down the area of the search.

But the sound of the implosion was determined to be “not definitive,” the official said, and the multinational efforts to find the submersible continued as a search and rescue effort.

Wall Street Journal was the first to report about the acoustic signature picked up by the Navy.

Audio of the implosion was picked up by a network of sensors as part of an underwater Navy acoustic listening system, said the official, who declined to go into more detail about the secret system. The network of sensors allowed the Navy to zero-in on a possible location of the noise, providing search teams with a more refined area.

The Navy also helped analyze the audio signatures of banging and other acoustic data that were heard throughout the search efforts. Those were likely some form of natural life or sounds given off by other ships and vessels that were part of the search effort, the official said.

#53 MadMax, Jun 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
    mdrowe00, Yung-T, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

in particular, i don't believe in the "one bullet" theory that hit JFK and then Gov Connolly

ROCKSS, MadMax and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

hat tip to NERF

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's a good thing that no one cares about Hunter Biden.

#56 Invisible Fan, Jun 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
    mdrowe00 and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

18. adoo

adoo Member

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Old thread but I believe that 9/11 was an inside job. There's just no way all of those towers and buildings could have collapsed like that without charges placed in strategic places.

JumpMan and Andre0087 like this.
  20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I believe that UFO`s are real and the goverment is hiding it from us. I also believe they have created a battery that will last forever but the goverment is colluding with Duracell and the like to keep it under wraps........wait, that may have been a Mission Impossible movie

mdrowe00, JumpMan and Andre0087 like this.