1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What channels do I need to watch all the Rockets regular season+playoff games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Icepiano, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Swack

Swack Member

Awesome, thanks! I also have pretty good internet. I had LP before with very good quality. Quality doesn't matter though if you are blacked out. I think I will go with the Roku and get Ballstreams.

2. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

If your internet is good like you said you will not be disappointed. Is your ROKU the 2015 version (talk Search). I cannot get my 2014 version to get ballstreams.

I absolutely love it. My wife can be watching Netflix on her tv and mine works great with no buffering.

October 6th first preseason game...

You will have to request an invitation. Took them 2 days to send mine.

I watched the 2015 draft and fast forwarded to the rockets picks to listen to the commentators. Was cool to be able to do it.

I also like being able to watch any team you want OnDemand highlights or the whole game if you want to. :)

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I've got tons of people invites with my referral link

http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/30773

early bird special ends at the end of the month. sign up now before the flood of invites come pouring at preseason.

4. BoneYardDog

First live stream on at this evening at 9:30 (Central), Nuggets at Clippers.

Cannot wait until next Tuesday to watch the Rockets first game.

5. stmeph

stmeph Member

How/why is Ballstreams grey and not outright illegal? What grey area does it occupy?

6. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure about all cities but I live 3 hours from Houston and on direct tv I have Root Sports which shows all rocket games I hope. They showed all Astro games. Before I used NBA league pass and ball streams

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because it operates out of a country (the Netherlands) where its legal

8. MONON

MONON Member

I'm 4 hours west of Houston in the hill country in the middle of Spurs country with DirecTV. I get all the Rockets games, but the pre & post game shows are blacked out.

9. sydmill

sydmill Member

I have had league pass for the past few seasons but root sports was recently added to my directtv lineup. We are about to move close to SA and are trying to save some $$$. Will I get all the games on root sports, tnt, nba tv & espn or should I renew league pass?

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good question, I'm curious as well. Do you need a sports package with Direct TV in order to get root sports or is root sports part of their basic package? I live in the Rio Grande Valley and would like to know.

11. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Root sports comes with the basic packages you don't need a sports package. Like I posted earlier Astro games were on root sports and I live 3 hours from Houston. As MONON posted he lives 4 hours from Houston and does get rocket games on root sports just no pre and post game shows which NBA league pass and ball streams don't shows those either. I'm thinking we are okay but I have ball streams on hold if for some reason we can't get the Rocket games on root sports.

12. BoneYardDog

Ballstream live video feed of the Nuggets - Clippers game was absolutely amazing last night. Just like any show on my tv.

Come on Tuesday.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

So I logged into my ballstreams account thinking I could just pay again like I have for the past two years but it says they are only serving current members...... I'm kind of pissed since I was looking forward to tomorrows game. What Uverse plan do yall have in order to watch Rockets? I'm just going to order Uverse..... Ballstreams dotn want my money so ill give it to ATT.... So triggered right now...

14. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Purchased my NBA LP premium so I also get NBA TV.
    Watch it mostly through my XBox One.
    Cost me about $220 AUS ($160 US) for the annual using VPN.
    Been watching NBA TV constantly since the weekend watching Bucks and Grizzlies 'Real Training Camp'. Quite interesting actually along with the interviews. But glad pre-season games have begun.

15. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

I asked this in the game thread but it got lost:

If I purchase League Pass can I watch "blacked out " games on archive?

16. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

From the NBA web site

Where Can I Watch Blacked Out Games After They Air Live?

All games that are blacked out or not available live for viewing on NBA LEAGUE PASS, regardless of your location, are available for viewing on demand as soon as they are moved to the NBA LEAGUE PASS archives. Nationally telecast games are archived three hours after they have aired. Locally telecast games are archived three days after they have aired.

Link: http://leaguepasssupport.nba.com/li...I-Watch-Blacked-Out-Games-After-They-Air-Live

1 person likes this.
  17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Same... :mad::mad:

18. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Don't see the Rockets game listed on Ballstreams for tonight. only NBA TV ones.

19. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Sounds like there's a billing issue with ballstreams that may take 2-4 weeks to clear up. I'm an existing member non-premium and just tried to get renewed for the season but they're not doing anything until the issue gets resolved (I'm sure somebody else already said something about this just giving my knowledge on it). Sucks, i'm a big fan of ballstreams and preseason would've been good to see.

20. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

repped! thx!