1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What channel is the Rockets game on AT&T Uverse?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Barfo10, Nov 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

I'm done with these ****ers....Comcast here I come... :mad:

2. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

Go to DirecTV Opus. I had Comcrap for years and I dumped them last month. Very happy with DirecTV. Most HD channels available anywhere.

3. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Well this sucks. I tried reseting 5 times but nothing.

How do we watch this on SOPCAST??

4. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

I'm trying to download the sopcast software now.. but it taking forever. Prolly overloaded.

UGH!! I can't believe Uverse is the only freaking provider blocking the game in Houston.

5. persian hoopa

Uverse is terrible from everything I heard. Extremely unreliable. Unlike FiOS they are not true Fiber to the Home. That is why they have the limitations they do. That and basing your system on Microsoft's horrendous software will lead to trouble. I feel bad for all Uverse subs.

6. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

I'm off to the bar! :D

7. pdiddy

pdiddy Contributing Member

I just talked to technical support and they said that the game is blacked out, because the game did not sell out. Is this true? I thought it was sold out.

8. persian hoopa

pdiddy: that is horse****. They are incompetent and their service sucks. Everyone is getting this game (though in crappy SD) except for Uverse subs.

9. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

It is just lip service....the game is NOT blacked out!!!! ATT **** up, thats all...

OK, NOW I'm off to the bar! :D

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

NBA games don't get blacked out if they're not sold out. That is only an NFL thing. Those guys are morons.

11. tolne57

Still, I wonder why this game. Uverse hasn't blacked out any other Rocket games.

At least I got Sopcast to work.

12. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

What channel?

13. tolne57

6001 Shanghai GSports

14. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Got it! Thanks.

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I live in houston and have U-Verse. Game was on 755 all night for me no problems.

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For some strange reason, you got lucky.... I was getting the games until Friday night and AT&T admitted their phone lines were lighting up from calls about a blackout in the Houston area.

After a few phone calls, I found out that AT&T was given a list of blocked zip codes for Friday's game. The Houston area was on that list.

I tried to explain to the U-Verse Techincal support that Fox Sports only broadcasts in home and visiting markets for these games. So, why in the hell would they block out one of those markets? The answer is... They wouldn't. You got a bad list on your hands, buddy. Be the customer's advocate and get on the phone to whomever gave you the list and get this issue corrected.

I'm pissed that AT&T sat back and let that happen without putting up a fight. All I was getting were stupid excuses like...

1. The no sellout blackout..... Wrong sport, idiot.

2. Comcast has a different contract with Fox Sports than does AT&T.... Then you're telling me your contract sucks and I'm paying for Fox Sports without getting the main thing it offers.

The other thing that has me pissed is that AT&T seemed to be sitting around waiting to see if it will happen again. Well, **** that. I made it clear, I won't be a customer long if this doesn't get fixed. I am supposed to be getting a call today from some suit at AT&T to explain the screwup, provide me with their plans to resolve the issue and offer something for my inconvenience.

If you're pissed, call them at 800-288-2020 and let them know what you think.

17. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

let us know what happend please..i just ordered U-verse last week ah i hope i didnt make a mistake...

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I called the number and complained. 800-288-2020

I was told that they are not selling the license to that program in Houston. I told her that was BS and that the NBA and rockets are about making money. She said we do not have that license at this time and I asked why. She said that they haven't obtained it yet and try to tell me that the NBA limits the number of licenses sold. I told her that the NBA would sell its own grandmother for money and that if they were not able to pay for the programming that I have already paid them for that I would be taking my business elsewhere. She said she would credit my account $45 and call me with more information in the near future.

Call and complain.

If nothing else you can get $45 back before you have to switch your service back.

19. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

So has this been a problem with all the rockets games this season? this blows...i should have waited for this u-verse...

20. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I feel you guys pain. I missed the first couple of games but have not missed any since. All the games come on channel 755. It usually doesnt come on at all during the day but when Rockets live comes on the channel is on and after the game is over the channel blacks out.