1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What can we get from the Hornets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Dec 1, 2014.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

They are aggressive in trade talks and averybody other than Al Jefferson, Kemba and probably MKG are available.

I would love to get Zeller, Biyombo and or Neal. Realistically we would probably need to include Canaan and or D-Mo in any deal. Maybe they like Daniels as a shooter?

P.S. They need shooting so suck it Garcia haters, he will stay!!

2. HTM

HTM Member

Is Zeller better than D-Mo.... C'mon man.

I don't think giving up Canaan or D-mo for neal, Biyombo or Zeller makes us any/much better... no reason to do this...

1 person likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They want players who can contribute right now at the wing and power forward. And guess what - so do we! So I don't think they'll want our benchwarmers in exchange for anything.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I kind of feel bad doing this.

2 people like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Zeller and Biyombo?

Donatas is better than both of them and Both make $10 million combined.

The only players worth their salt on that team are Jefferson and Roberts

#5 REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, just imagine if McHale was their coach. They'd have a negative in the win column!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

Don't because it's common knowledge that this guy knows as much about the NBA as Cylde Drexler

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Haymitch is right. Charlotte wants the same thing the Rockets want. They see a short window right now with the East being so wide open, and Al Jefferson really only has a couple years left. I think they are going to be going after pretty much the same players as the Rockets.

This also means that the price of guys like Millsap, etc. will be going up if Charlotte is going to sacrifice young pieces and picks to get someone like that. It makes the Rockets chances at acquiring proven talent that much more difficult.

Lets all hope they get infatuated with an over the hill star and blow their load early on a Josh Smith type. Get their assets off the table as quick as possible.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The fact that they consider Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd Gilchrist untouchable basically just says they want to be mediocre for years to come.

Rockets need big men, and Cody Zeller don't excite me in the slightest.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

They just gave Kemba $48 million. He's untouchable just because of that. MKg has actually played a bit better.

11. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They might make a great 3rd team in a major deal. I'm sure Morey will investigate. It would be an amazing get if Morey could pull Ryan Anderson from pelicans though.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Biyombo would be upgrade for us at the backup 5. Hornets would be fools to trade him though.

#12 No Worries, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

How much does he cost though?

I like how CF ignores facts like the Rox have one of the best records in the league despite having "nobodies" at the 4, backup 5 and 1. Why don't we see what the team looks like healthy first before we break up trading for bigger names left and right?

Right now Tarik Black, Tjones (sorry but DMO already took your spot bro), Canaan, Papa and Terry makes one hell of bench, we just need to focus on getting everybody healthy and IMHO the Rox can beat anyone.

1 person likes this.
  14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I agree, they both are terrible and arent giving us any upside

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Really, making this thing personal, sad.. I still stand by what I said about Clifford, it's not his fault Stephenson is not performing, MKG is injured and things aren't clicking. It's not like they have a ton of talent.

Also where did I suggest we trade D-Mo? I said we would probably have to trade either him or Canaan in any deal..say whatever y'all want, Biyombo over Dorsey and Black all day everyday! Zeller as a back-up big along with a shooter like Neal for let's say D-Mo & Daniels, would be something to consider imo. Who knows how D-Mo will perform once TJ comes back.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

You aren't willing to wait for tj to get back because you think Zeller will make us instant contenders?

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I blame their downfall on the departure of Mcbob

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

D-Mo will not be traded unless it is for someone really valuable. Like say, Millsap. He certainly will not be traded for just warmed turkey leftovers.

19. MONON

MONON Member

2 weeks into the season, I would have traded DMo to the Hornets for any of their bench bigs. Now I like this team as is when healthy. I hope we can get everyone back & healthy by New Years. Then we have 6 weeks to see how they gel.

20. awc713

awc713 Member

IU alum here, big fan of Cody Zeller, but he's not what we need and Mroey know thats. If this were 3 seasons from now and he were more developed, sure, it could be a possibility.

I don't think we match up well with CHA trade-wise. I want nothing to do with Lance and his contract. Kemba would be nice, but thats a pipedream, and they're not moving Al.

MKG has yet to progress offensively, so I don't see him as a fit in our offense, though his D is pretty good. Regardless, CHA probably overvalues him and he doesn't really fit a specific need.

Maybe Morey can spin a 3 way trade with CHA, but thats the only extent I see for us trading with CHA.

I would, underratedly, like to pick up Jason Smith from NYK. He's a big and he can drain. I think he'd fit nicely here.