1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What can we do as Rocket fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JusBleezy, Jun 28, 2006.

1. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Looking at the trade, I am as dumbfounded as anyone here on Clutchfans.net. Clutch, Doc Rocket, anyone who has "connections" in the Rockets' organization, is there kind of clarification that we can get with this trade? Can we start a petition to show our dissatisfaction we the trade?

Or do we just let the trade go and look forward to the regular season? Please, please post your THOUGHTOUT opinions on the trade here.

2. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

pleasee start a petition.. or help us Clutch. that would be awesome. :D

3. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Every fan should protest near Alexander's home or Toyoto center.

4. rserina

rserina Member

Um, why don't we just stage a sit-in? That would be equally as unproductive,

Seriously, I think we are overreacting a bit. There is no doubt that the trade will not remain as it is, but that we are likely part of a 3 or 4 team deal and very possibly the one that will include AI. On too many levels, this move is too inexplicable, so you have to assume there is more to it. The numbers are right for this to be a terminal trade, but what is the upshot for Houston? Battier can play the four, but has been mostly a three. One of the problems with Gay is playing him would force McGray back to a full-time two, so you have to assume we don't want Battier solely as a three (and doubly so with the choice of Novak).

I am willing to suspend disbelief for a little while until whatever trade this is--which has not been announced by the Rox or the NBA despite every other trade having been so--reaches completion. If it is Battier for Swift and Gay three weeks from now, then it is worth slamming. But I suspect it will be more.

5. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

it will be too late

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

If we all cry just a little bit more...

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

All we can do is hope for better moves in the future that will justify this one.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i agree. having battier and tmac at the 2/3 is good. battier guards the better offensive player, can hit open shots created by double teams, smart gritty player. our version of james posey? maybe.

i don't think anyone has a problem with battier. tmac, novak, battier, head make a nice set of wing players.

giving up a potential perennial all star for a role player isn't easy to swallow. swift for battier would be nice. gay and swift for battier, would HAVE to include something else. NOT EVEN THE KNICKS would make that move, seriously.

keep your head up for another 2 weeks while we learn more about this deal.

9. mag

mag Contributing Member

I have already emailed the Rockets and shown my displeasure with the deal.
    I don't know how can anybody can justify bringing a 10pts 5 reb guy (mediocre) and think that would help this team.
    He has 10 pts in a team where only Gasol was the superstart. In that team he had the chance to prove more because everybody after Gasol was the second option. He only was able to have 10 pts? That shows me mediocrity.
    What was Stro stats in Memphis? And he only used to play less than 20 min. if I am not mistaken.

Fire JVG and let's bring a real coach that can adapt to the new rules in the NBA and also can coach young and athetic talent. The window of opportunity is closing fast. :mad: :mad:

10. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Gay couldn't pull it together in college playing in the tourny and you now all of a sudden he is a "potential allstar"? :confused: the pros doesn't get easier and the rub on Gay is his lack of focus and desire.

The statement JVG made about the previous body of work meaning more then having "potential" or being "athletic" speaks volumes....

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Are you telling me the best we could get for Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift was Shane Battier? Why did we have to trade today? We could've fished around for some ******* value. Fans have a good reason to be upset today.

12. kerry Mckee

kerry Mckee Member

Sit at home next season and watch this pitiful team get beat down game after game until Van Gundy is fired and Carrol(O'Connor) Dawson retires. :mad:

13. B

B Contributing Member

As a multi year season ticket holder, I am speaking with my wallet. I wanted to wait for the draft to renew my tickets, and I have decided not to renew.