1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What can Trump do to unite the country vs. divide?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by wizkid83, Jan 12, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, no.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In what world is Donald Trump considered a moderate liberal? Go through each important policy or position: Abortion: wants the supreme court to overturn Roe v Wade and wants to defund Planned Parenthood. Gun control: wants no gun regulations. Gun owners should be able to own any gun, any magazine, any ammo. No additions to background checks are needed. Supreme Court: plans to nominate conservative judges. Taxes: reduce taxes across the board. reduce business taxes. Remove the death tax. Regulations: remove regulations. Healthcare: eliminate ACA. Tort reform. Go back to state high risk pools. Energy: drill more. Deregulate. Immigration: build a wall between the US and Mexico. Deport illegal immigrants. End sanctuary cities. Stop immigration of Muslims (changed later to countries where terrorists who happen to be Muslims come from). I am sure I missed more, but this is a pretty good start.

Which of these are considered moderate liberal? In fact, what moderate liberal position does he have in any are considered important to moderate liberals?

JayGoogle and joshuaao like this.
  3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

can't wait for @ipaman to put his spin on this

[​IMG]

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Anyone thinks that Trump will be anything more than a parrot for the establishment GOP than you are a fool. Trump will sqwuak whatever Ryan does with the ACA 'replacement'. He just doesn't have enough nuance in policy to question them.

RocketWalta and Rocket River like this.
  5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No big spending is the domain of the GOP - the last 40 years shows that under GOP admins spending increases, taxes are cut, and deficits balloon, the opposite happens under the dems.

This isn't Trump who is spending all this money - it's Paul Ryan. So let's just cut the B.S. about the GOP being the party of fiscal responsibility. That only applies when there is a Dem in the whitehouse - as soon as Obama leaves, it's back to 2001 and spend spend spend.

By the way, pushing states rights is a conservative principle, not a democrat position. Sounds like you don't even know much about politics right now.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its actually a Constitutional principle, but who has time for that?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Actually it's not, the constitution was meant to BALANCE states vs. fed, not push either side. You need to do your policy sci homework boy

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . I don't think there is much a President. . any president can do
    People make up their own minds and pursue their own agendas

The best any president could do is honestly run advertising campaigns and manipulate the media
    The Worse is . . . .. let another 9/11 happen . . . . it sounds conspiracy and shitty but a tactical false flag attack (Or simply do nothing to prevent an attack) could rally people together

I think we need to define UNITED . . . honestly for most people it means SHUT THE F*** UP!!
    A United America is a quiet non-complaining (justified or not) everyone 'acting' the part . . . .
    Quelling dissent and everyone just putting their head down and accepting what is offered

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Define Better?
    Because everyone has different definitions.

More money in people's pockets? won't mean sh*t if he allow abortion or stops abortion cause then half the country will be pissed either way
    eliminate foreign war threats? won't mane sh*t is them defense contractor jobs go away in those "real America" states

Rocket River

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Generational change has been a rallying call for over a century
    be patient Jim Crow Victims. . .when grandpa dies .. . we will do you right?
    BONK!! WRONG!! Try again!

Rocket River

bnb likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What is Trumpcare - oh do tell us. You do know that Paul Ryan just said - not all Americans need health coverage?

And the GOP has said they are going to investigate the independent non-partisan Ethics division!!!!

What we are seeing the GOP becoming totally and horribly corrupt. I am so disgusted with them as a party. I am actually not a Democrat - I am stuck with the democratic party because of how horrible, reckless, and corrupt the GOP is.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Well if you follow your own standard you would not be a democrat either. Ask Bernie how corrupt they are. Since you are that just makes you a hypocrite.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I am not a democrat. I understand how you would make that mistake being as low information as you are.

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

Don't forget hiring a creationist as sec of education. Also hiring a climate denier to head EPA.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hiring the head of Exxon as Secretary of State.
    Hiring Rick Perry to run the Energy department he wanted to eliminate.
    Hiring Ben Carson with zero government experience for HUD because he was black and poor.
    Hiring an Alabama good ole boy for Attorney General, what could possibly go wrong.

Next, Sarah Palin as Secretary of the Interior because she's been hunting before.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ryan might have trouble getting the Freedom Caucus to behave, who likely want the ACA to just go away.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He can resign or be impeached.

DD

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's not at all on the POTUS head, but not being an outright a**holes toward people that is different, that disagree or criticize him would be a start. Yea, I didn't think so.

What we have is a divisiveness-in-chief and we wonder how he can less divide? Well, maybe if people learn to just take it, accept it, turn the other way... Yea, didn't think so either.

But American focus in very short term and do look mostly at the end results, whatever the means to get there. So yea, if Trump is very successful, he might not close the moral divide, but there is less of a reason to be dissatisfy. As for me, the means as important as the end results, but that's just me.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

A president can not unite a country that the forces have driven to divide it are too powerful. No one man or woman can do that unless people see a common outside threat that will bond us together.

A certainly, an illegitimate President like Trump, who treacherously is the pawn of the Russians - will never unite us. I hope the GOP wakes up and kicks this fool out before he does too much damage to our great nation. I much rather have President Pence do limited damage than Comrade Trump destroy what matters to America.