1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What browser do you use????

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by j-bone, May 29, 2002.

1. j-bone

j-bone Member

Guys, I need to find a fast, dependable browser so I'm asking for your input. I'm currently using IE 6, but there's so many security flaws and it crashes alot. I hate netscape because it crashes alot also. I heard that opera was pretty good but the free version has the banner, which I don't like. So, help me out and give me some input.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Planetweb 3.0 Dreamcast internet browser... UNrealible, and PLANETWEB sucks

3. TraJ

TraJ Member

www.opera.com
    www.mozilla.org

In addition to those, you might want to give Netscape 7 a try. It's not the final release yet, but worth a try. Of course, there's no need if you try Mozilla. In fact, they conflict.

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Mozilla

Mozilla ROCKS!!! I've been using it off and on since M16 (years ago!), and exclusively since version 0.75. It's only about 1 1/2 weeks away from being final 1.0 -- it's at 1.0 Release Candidate 3 right now. It never crashes, is fast, reliable, secure, open source -- the BEST browser I've ever used, and I've used everything.

<a href="http://www.batmantis.com/mozparty.html">Come to the Houston Mozilla Release party</a>!

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Good grief. :D

Internet Explorer is the only one I use at home. At work we use Netscape and IE. Why I don't know; everybody knows it's Microsoft's world.

6. Heath

Heath Member

I used to use Netscape for years, but after reformating my hard drive one time I ended installing the hated Mircrosoft IE and never got up to bringing back Netscape again. A couple of months ago I finally kicked IE out (not really but it is not my standard browser no more), but I did not go back to Netscape. I downloaded Opera and I love it. The few times I use IE I always try to do those nice mouse gestures Opera has to ease the browsing until I discover that I for some reason was using IE.

I have not tried Mozilla, but I might later. But Opera is the best I have tried so far.

7. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Why are all these small time browsers so good?

8. drapg

drapg Member

i use IE 6.0

i'm too old and too tired to fight MSFT's stranglehold on life OS's, computers, and life in general... :(

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I use MSIE 6 and I hate it. It crashes all the time.

10. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I use IE6. I'm getting sick of the typical "download latest security update so that a malicious user can't take over your computer" $@#% from Microsoft, so I'll probably try out Mozilla and/or Opera.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Use IE 6 in Win2k
    Opera in Linux....man I love Opera..what a cool browser..
    if ya dont want the ads..go ahead and buy it...I believe its well worth the cost.(39.95)

12. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I have internet Explorer 6 and I have always had Microsofts browser. It has never crashed on me nor has there ever been security problems. I guess I am just too cool for that kind of stuff. :cool: