1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your trade deadline predictions?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by withmustard, Feb 15, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Is this the year Morey goes all-in and gambles on a superstar rental? I suspect it might be. That's the only way it makes sense to shoot for the playoffs. When we first tried to trade for Pau, we were trying to get a top 5 PF. Now he has fallen off somewhat and it looks iffier to build a team around him. So, I would not be surprised to see Morey try to rent Dwight Howard without the promise of an extension.

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I like this but would LA take Kmart?? I seriously doubt they wany his contract as a backup for Kobe. AND I seriously doubt Kmart would be okay with being a backup

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Move one to SF. They're both big enough for it.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Honestly I wouldn't put either of them at the 3. Kobe could get away with it more than Martin, but they're both built like pure shooting guards.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not at all, kobe is 6'5 weighing 205, martin is 6'7 weighing 185. Both of them would be dealing with a constant disadvantage to all starting 3's in the league.
    Kobe and martin on the same team is something i don't see ever happening. Kobe + martin = 50 shot attempts a game, they just wouldn't go well together at all. Even if you disagree with that statement i can honestly say theres no way kobe or martin will play major mins at the 1 or 3.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ron Artest still on the team....
    Martin has to split minutes with Kobe.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It feels like it's the same thing every year with this team...injuries, same roster, bust.

I think Morey may already have a couple of trades lined up and he's just shopping around and trying to get more out of the lower offers. We will have to wait and see if he pulls the trigger on any of them.

The amount of attention the failed trade received and the Rockets record has drawn interest in some of our players.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Kobe, splitting mins... kobe? lol.... good luck with that

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So we agree KevMart to LA won't happen until Kobe retires.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol by the time kobe retires, pau would of already been retired for a year or 2 and martin will be declining

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't see the point when he is starting to decline when he already hit rock bottom with zero points.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Either we stay put or get worse.

No one worth a lick wants to come to Houston. That's a fact jack.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

I would like to see the team go all out for Dwight, however I suspect they will end up with Kaman.

15. chief

chief Member

houston is what?..4-7 biggest cities in the U.S...the we should atleast have a top 5-10 superstar on the roster and one in the making...its sad..=(

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They are going all out for Dwight, but its a sticky situation. Right now whats happening is Otis Smith and Dwights agent Dan Fagen are calling the shots.

Fagen has told Smith that Dwight wants to either get traded to NJ, Chicago, New York, or LA(assuming either team). So Smith is most likely only talking to those teams seriously. He might be talking to other teams like Houston so he can use them for leverage, but Smith is not actively shopping Dwight for the sheer hope of keeping him past next summer.

So are the Rockets going all out for Dwight? Yes, they are going to do everything in their power to get involved with the dealing come March, but right now there isnt much for them to do but wait and be proactive when the time comes for them to get involved.

Kaman is a real possibility, but they arent going to give up the assets that Orlando would want to get him. Players like Flynn, TWill, Thabeet most likely wouldnt all be involved in that deal, and would only be there to match salaries. Thats under the assumption that Kaman gets dealt before March 15th, which I dont think will happen. Most likely both players get dealt within minutes of each other between 4PM and 10PM March 15th.

If the Rockets get Kaman, its most likely cause Dwight isnt gonna happen anyways.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

For the love of peace, I hope that's not true.We need a marquee

18. rocketsmetalspd

Kaman in H-Town is the only trade I believe that would make sense but getting Stern to agree on a trade that is another story.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Most likely a trade that none of us are talking about.

For the amount of money it would take, I don't think Deron makes sense for the rockets. We already have a high quality PG on a great contract.

My gut tells me Dwight will go to the Nets. The place, money, and teamup with Deron just makes too much sense.

20. Pete the Cheat

I am going to be keeping a close eye on the Melo situation in NYC over the coming weeks...