1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your trade deadline predictions?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by withmustard, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He had a coup all ready to go before Jordan and Gilbert and Cuban sneezed and gave Stern a cold. So, he was almost there. It isn't as if he isn't trying. But he needs to find homes for Martin and hopefully Scola. If we get Pau, fine. If we get expirings and picks, basically telling Les that we're 29th in attendance anyway (what IS it with this owner, anyway?) so we might as well tank, fine.

Prediction? Improve our bigs. Whomever that may be (Gasol, Kaman, Okafur?)

Gotta agree with Clutch. We decided to go for it and got shellacked. If we don't improve with a trade, let's make sure we suck and keep our first rounder, maybe get some more cap space.

#41 ROXTXIA, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think we'll move our exprings (and/or bud, morris) for kamen

and move Martin for a sf (granger or beasley)

nothing exciting, but a move in the right direction...

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I was also thinking something like Martin and Parsons for Grander.
    or....Scola, Hill, Dragic for Gasol.

Bold Prediction

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

we owe NJ a lottery protected first rd pick... if we dont make playoffs we are in lottery ad keep pick - and they get next years 1st..... if we do make playoffs, then we're out of lottery and pick goes to NJ this year.

5. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I really hope Daryl can figure out a way to acquire 1st round draft picks. I realized that if we do make the playoffs, our pick goes to the nets. And if NY goes to the playoffs, then goodbye lotto pick. I really want Morey to save money for the offseason and get a solid holding on the upcoming draft. If he can do that while still making the playoffs, then i'd be ecstatic.

I'd say we trade Martin/Scola for picks/expirings.

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I agree that the pressure would be on them. They have all these "assets" that are getting ready to expire or leave. Letting them go for nothing would not fit the business model that Less and Morey have going. So when the strike out on deals A (Howard) and B (unknown), I fear they spend way too much on something totally foolish just so they don't let it all go to waste.

Morey make me eat my words but I don't believe you can pull this off and we will be circling the bowl.

7. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I like both of those! Both work on the trade machine also... Thanks.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

i say they try to go for some difference makers - pau, dwill, ellis, granger, iggy, a.jefferson or milsap ect. while trying to make a move for one of those players i think they will do side deals sending out all of our expiring contracts ( maybe not lee for the chance of resigning him) for solid cheap players or picks.

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I believe that we will have Dwight after trade deadline...possibly Deron too.

If not, we will go after Kaman, and have enough money to throw at Dwight & Deron.

Also Steven Jackson, and Bogut from Bucks is looking like a real possibility...Skiles saying earlier in the season that playing without Bogut has become expected, or words to that effect.

If nothing happens, we sit on what we have and go all out in a free agency splash for the big names...Dwight & Deron.

We are in a great position thanks to Morey, IMO.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Dragic, Martin, Scola, Budinger for Gasol with a third team involved.

11. stab

stab Member

Get whatever we can for KMart now..I'm really starting to get upset with this guy being on our team. Playing no-defense is one thing, but being inconsistent as our best scorer? C'mon man....

12. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Phoenix will blow it up and somehow they get Bud and Hill and we get Gortat

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm guessing something out of left field that was never even rumored. Something like a trade for Melo after he chokes off Linsanity with his ball hogging.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Agree with everything. I had hope but for the most part I saw it going down this way all along.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

17. disguyman

disguyman Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

I am a fan of Granger but he is having a down year

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yeah, The Rockets are really feeling two inches of pain right now.