1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your trade deadline predictions?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by withmustard, Feb 15, 2012.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I was just curious what everybody's predictions for the trade deadline were.

I was hoping to get feedback from Clutchfans on what they think WILL happen, please don't turn this into a Random Trade Thread.

Also, it would nice to offer insight why you think the deal will go down but not necessary.

Last year I created the same thread and my prediction involved landing the Clippers' pick for salary relief before it was even known to be available. Unfortunately, Dan "life isn't fair" Gilbert was able to land the pick for a half-season rental of Baron Davis and the rest is history.

This season I see Milwaukee as a great trade deadline partner. The Bucks have sort of been the "Rockets of the East" lately. They lose their center every year and and really haven't gotten high enough picks for a difference maker.

Now it seems NY will make the playoffs ( I won't say why) at the Bucks' expense. On top of now having little hope of a playoff run, Jennings is already running his mouth about going to a larger market.

I would LOVE to see Morey pick up either Dunleavy or Stephen Jackson. Also possibly facilitate a Jennings to LA trade. I think Jennings is the most over-rated player in the league and wouldn't fear the Lakers any more with him on the team.

What do you guys think the ides of March will bring Houston?

1 person likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

As I Rockets fan especially in the last several years, I have learned that low expectations are the key to preventing crushing disappointment. I am always not expecting much but hoping for a pleasant surprise.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I figure Morey can only grab a first round draft pick. Flynn for a pick.

That's about it. I am not on the Morey train anymore.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Hopefully we'll move our big contracts for young players and draft picks. Lets play Marcus Morris until he drops and see what he has. Lets get on with rebuilding.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think we go all in and trade the young assets for roster upgrades, like the aborted Gasol trade.

Personally I'd love it if the Rox landed either George Hill and/or Marcin Gortat, those two would plug holes in the roster.

6. Yaowza!

Yaowza! Member

Post deadline roster?

Budinger
    Morris
    Lee
    Patterson
    Dalembert
    Smith
    Lowry
    Dragic
    Gasol
    Kaman
    Beasley
    Milocic
    Pekovic

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Tex and Codd, I think the Rockets are clearly going for the playoffs. I assume Morey is looking for a veteran. Why don't you guys?

8. Dream Shake 81

If we make a trade, Say goodbye to Scola, Martin, and maybe even Lee.

- Other goners (involved in a trade or by the beg of next season) include: Hasheem, Flynn

9. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I'm hoping for some sort of 3 team trade that involves Houston, Phoenix, and LA Lakers. somehow where lakers end up getting Nash and scola, phoenix gets either k mart or dragic, and we receive gasol or gortat somehow. somewhere around those lines, not sure about how all these salaries match up though...:confused:

10. Prince

Prince Member

Dream on y'all.

[​IMG]

11. jogo

jogo Member

I think we trade for Kaman. Something like Thabeet, Flynn, Twill. May take a second rounder or even Cbud or Hill.

If the Lakers are interested in trading Gasol then that's probably our big push. I doubt we trade for Gasol AND for Kaman. If the Rockets have the choice then I think they go with Gasol. Not sure if LA is interested at all, probably not. But if they are, then hopefully something like Scola, Martin, Dragic gets them going.

HOWEVER, Morey has a way of pulling off trades that no one expects or talks about. I could see such a trade being made with an Eastern Conference team, maybe Milwaukee or Toronto or even Cleveland.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Man, I think you may be right.

I just want to rebuild altogether. I would love to see us go the OKC route of rebuilding and stockpile draft picks while protecting a our cap space.

In my heart of hearts I just think you're probably on point about them making a move for this year and the playoffs. IF WE MAKE IT I think we'll be the warmup series for the true contenders out West. I don't see a series that we'd be favored to win if those teams are healthy.

If not we'll have that 14th pick for the 3rd year in a row.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

We dump 2 starters and a rotation player. Bring back 1 good starter, a good rotation player and a pick(s).

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I personally think we'll pick up a big name..and someone who can contribute right away

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Some minor move.

16. white-lite

white-lite Member

A minor move nothing of excitement

1 person likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i predict either 3 minor/medium moves or one blockbuster move...

either way i see martin, scola and a few other players gone...

in another note since this is trade deadline predictions not specified to just houston....

lakers get a point gaurd, they also trade away gasol...

orlando trades dwight, but not to an eastern conference team...

cleveland trades jamison and other veterans to shed cap...

pheonix trades nash to a contender...

chicago pulls off a trade for a shooting gaurd...

nets wont trade deron and hope for the best this coming off-season...

memphis trades oj mayo...

1 person likes this.
  18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The pressure is on to make a significant trade and has been for some time. Now, though? The pressure should be enormous. The Rockets made their choice: They rolled out Scola, they rolled out Martin and they went for the playoffs. Throw in the fact that the Knicks are likely a lock for the postseason in the weak East and building significantly through the draft isn't too likely (barring trades for picks, of course).

I would have loved for this team to have had a pair of top 10-15 picks and millions in cap room this summer, but that's looking slim.

I don't really have predictions, but I think the Rockets, like so many other teams, are waiting to see what happens with Dwight Howard, then Deron Williams, then Pau Gasol. I expect them to make 1-2 trades at a minimum before March 15th. Unless something major comes their way, I hope they keep maximum flexibility going into the offseason.

I believe in the Rockets front office... but I didn't like the direction decision, and if the Rockets squeak into the playoffs at 8th, get wiped out by the Thunder, lose their draft pick and pick up a 16-18 from New York... I have to say that would be a major disappointment that would be deserving of criticism.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Excellent Post.................................:grin:

1 person likes this.
  20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Wouldn't it be something if Lin leads the Knicks deep into the playoffs and we end up getting a crappy draft position from their pick.

We release Lin and end the end he screws us harder than we had imagined. :mad: