1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your thoughts on Kyle Wiltjer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like him. I think keeping him is a no brainer and will happen.

On a different note, I also like Payton a lot and wished he could have got more run this pre season. I'm curious to what we will do with him.

Bobby Brown getting more time then Payton is tragic. Bobby brown looks like a hilarious mix of last seasons Ty Lawson, Smith and Terry all in one. Keep away from this team.

Ennis looks like a dud as well. Too slow, not shot, bad mix.

bacliff likes this.
  2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I like role players or bench players that are really special in some area of their game. I think he's a player you could bring in the game for a 5+ minute stretch and really have a positive affect on the game.

I hope the Rockets keep him and I would prefer to keep him with the team and not go down to RGV.

craguin likes this.
  3. Rocket_Man_2.0

Whoopty doop...I haven been this excited about a young prospect since Chase Budinger. Not only should he make the team, but he should be in the rotation. Rockets need to have a sharpshooter on the floor at all times. Look what happened when we went to our poor shooting bench. Wiltjer, Dekker, KJ need more minutes...Brewer, Ariza and Beverley need to be traded. I’d like to see this lineup Harden, Dekker, Wiltjer, Anderson, Nene. 3pters all day!!

#43 Rocket_Man_2.0, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  4. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

did you forgot about defesne?

5. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

defence

bacliff likes this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

I love him and the Bullard comparisons need to stop: he's better. He has better footwork, has some post moves, can shoot lights out. Bullard was all spot-up shooting, the occasional dunk but that's it. Keep him at all cost!! Over D-Mo yes.

bacliff likes this.
  7. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

but if Ryno goes down or dekker are you fine with wijlter comin in or would you want d-mo back

bacliff likes this.
  8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Sidebar anyone else think Wiltjer is a dead ringer for Carl from Shameless?

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i still don't get how there are no highlights of him from the mavs game and throughout the preseason! someone get on this!

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why is there no highlights of Wiltjer shooting?

vstexas09 likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The kid battle fights, that's all you can do is ask him to battle when we go to battle. He's a good kid.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is a definite Keeper. He is a decent 9th or 10th man who can play spot minutes and give you some shooting on days when others struggle. At least he has one NBA ready skill set (good shooting) that will help him contribute positively at this level as opposed to someone like Dekker who doesn't really have a standout skill set.

I would trade Brewer, Dekker + whatever else is needed (picks, some other scrub) to get an upgrade at the 1 or the 3.

kevtse likes this.
  13. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I want a upgrade at the three I like ariza defence but his shooting been looking flat lately

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Holy **** YES!

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think he's worth a roster spot. Sharp shooting big guy. I'd almost even say keep him over Harrell. Pretty low on Harrell these days though so that might be unfair.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Why not give him a shot, especially since it's looking like DMo won't be with the team for awhile.

bacliff likes this.
  17. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

dude's footwork is killer and ability to take any pass in stride is what makes him a bit more dangerous than the average 3pt shooter.

yeah... he deserves a spot on the roster... not rgv.

18. basketballholic

I want to see Wiltjer in the three-point shooting contest in Rocket red during All-Star Weekend.

touring_low, slothy420 and craguin like this.
  19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I like the kid. He needs to work on his defense, but his shooting potential to light a team up for 10+ points in a quarter is something I can't say for a majority of our bench. He's the type of player you need off the bench when the team is in a slump.

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Cut Pablo Prigioni and the point guards and keep Wiltjer.