1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your thoughts on Kyle Wiltjer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Honestly, it's not surprising that he is converting at such an efficient rate. His ability to stretch the floor has been touted as his biggest strength coming into the NBA, and his college and pre-season stats reinforce that point.

Things may change in the regular season, but at this point in time Wiltjer isn't giving the organization any doubt when it comes to his ability to score. I am more comfortable with Harrell coming off the bench to backup Anderson at this point in time simply because he brings far more intangibles, but if we keep Wiltjer then at the very least the Rockets have some kind of insurance if Anderson gets injured.

cdrive likes this.
  2. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Matt Bullard 2.0

3. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Or Scott Padgett

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I haven't seen him play... Can he do anything besides shoot?

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

How many players have contracts currently? (thought it was 19 a few weeks back). Then there's DMo and Wiltjer currently without contracts.
    Can see a trade happening as we just need a bit more depth on the bench - so Brewer and fillers for hopefully some off the bench production.
    But keep Wiltjer. FOR SURE! Some D-League games wouldn't hurt, but give him opportunities as well.

Anyone see Harden talking to Wiltjer during game breaks in the previous games? Noticed it several times. Must be great for Wiltjer to seemingly get Harden's support and advice. But also good to see Harden stepping up to what I think will be a good leader.

6. hvic

hvic Member

Just shoot and okay passing. He is horrible on defense and doesn't even seem like he tries.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Will he be the next Troy Daniels?

DudeWah likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Keep him, and keep him in Houston. He needs to practice with the core players to improve on his screening and cutting assignments, and he's not going to get that practicing with the Vipers, imo. Plus, shooters like him don't need to go down to the Valley to stay sharp and get some burn. I'm sure he can nail a three naked stepping out of the shower.

craguin likes this.
  9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I would love to have him on this team

Unfortunately Morey will trade him for a piece of **** player like Tyler Ennis

10. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

Matt Bullard 2.0?

11. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Looking great so far. Hope he can keep it up and become a rotation player this season

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Instant Offense and Floor Stretcher.
    Sure he has some weaknesses. But how many guys can shoot like that?
    To discard that sort of raw talent would be foolish. You can't teach that (just ask Kyle Ennis or GPII)

Think of Capela. Just the opposite when he was a rook. ALL defense and rim protection.
    Jumpshot? Never heard of it. FREE THROWS? Forget it
    But he's come along at least with his game around the rim. You can tell.
    His putbacks are a little better. Jumpshot? Still missing like Hillary's emails.
    Free throws? About as often as Hillary tells the truth.
    But he's still an asset for what he brings to the table.

MUCH more potential than most of our fringe players.

#32 Remlap, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    bacliff and slothy420 like this.
  13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

We have to keep him on our 15 man roster. He has the potential to be Channing Frye.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He's gonna be with the team after the Brewer + Ennis for Troy Daniels trade happens

Yung-T and RudyTBag like this.
  16. basketballholic

Gotta keep him. If we waive him for rgv some other team is going to offer him a 3-year deal and he's gonzo. (Like that?) Dude can shoot 50% from 30 feet out. That's good enough to be one of the top floor spreading 4's in the Association.

craguin likes this.
  17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I'm really close friends with Kyle and the Rockets will keep him.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let's give the mic to Gimmmethemike. Tell us more.

19. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i'm not a big college basketball watcher, but happened to see gonzaga play before they upset anyone, and without meaning to i got into watching that game, and specifically noticed wiltjer. while all the cred went to little sabanus, i was more impressed with wiltjer. i thought he ran the team, made the extra pass, was the one who created the imbalance that the rest of the team played off of. i looked at the review of the game and was puzzled why sabonus got the majority of the accolade. wiltjer is a winning piece IMO. not the main guy on an NBA squad, and no doubt though he can contribute offensively. makes me glad we have pringles.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Like I said before ( maybe a little too much mow ) Dmo better hurry up and handle his business. Because the more this kid plays the further the Dmo threads fall.

Dick Dijon likes this.