1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you better at than 99% of Americans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Jul 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cardpire

cardpire Member

sounds like you are better than 99% of americans at length of time spent behind bars.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

It's true, brah. I think Scorpion even posted it on his blog... or maybe it was Mad Dog...

3. Apps

Apps Member

There is some iffy math behind this. Let's suppose someone is an exceptional classical bassist. How many Americans are even classical bassists to begin with? 5% seems ridiculously high when you take into consideration that 1 out of every 20 Americans must therefore play a bass (classical OR electric), when the majority of people I meet randomly don't even play an instrument at all. So what, 1% (3,000,000 classical bassists) of the population perhaps? Is it possible that by simply playing the bass you are automatically better than 99% of the country at it?

Obviously I just made the numbers up, but the point still stands. If you participate in any specific activity (except for stuff like masturbation as was mentioned in this thread), chances are that there is a significant majority of people who do not participate in that activity.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

99th percentile on the TEAMS test in fifth grade...

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Since stats say less than one percent have done one, that means I can say doing marathons.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

These days it's driving.

I could have probably beaten you;) At least 50% of the time....

7. Damion Laverne

• Spelling
    • Math
    • Making people angry

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Posting on Clutchfans.

9. SK34

SK34 Member

Well said. I just haven't found out something i'm exceptionally good at. I got to work to get where I want. Studies/basketball team. Its a hard knock life so what can you do..