1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the different expectations for Trevor Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Mr. Space City

wrong.

ariza's first 35 games he shot .377% from the field.

injured t-mac's 35 games he shot .338% from the field

injured t-mac committed 1.97 turnovers per game

HEALTHY Ariza committed 2.5 a game

nobody said the rockets are making it to the championship this year but adleman comes out and says mcgrady doesn't give us the best chance at winning but the guy wearing number 1 right now does not give the rockets the best chance at winning.

2. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

so this is a rebuilding year. just as long as you guys will admit that then i will move on, but a lot of times you guys will say this team is playing better without t-mac, thats not true and neither would it wouldnt be a rebuilding year if it was.

3. Mr. Space City

4. choujie

choujie Member

Tmac was just that terrible last year. And he was almost that terrible this year at the defensive end. He used to have supurb offense to offset the lack of defense, but he no longer has that anymore, at least not in the games he played. He only shot 36.8% last year and this year.

There are players play zero defense, that's why they are overrated and basiclly they won't win championship as the leader.

But again, playing Tmac makes no sense even if he plays decent. He is gone, why not try to develop young players insdead of making Rockets games a training camp for Tmac?

5. PeppermintCandy

McGrady has(had?) the physical tools to be a great defensive player but he has a tendency to get teammates to cover for him on tougher defensive assignments. Battier even mentioned this.

As a physical talent, when healthy, McGrady is/was up there with the elites.

6. choujie

choujie Member

This team didn't play worse without Tmac THIS year,that's also a fact.

In those limited minutes, Tmac didn't really played any defense, and his offense is far from what he used to be able to play.

But I do think the biggest reason is because they want get rid of Tmac since last year.

7. choujie

choujie Member

Now you found out Tmac shot worse than Ariza.

And there is only a half TO difference per game.
    Ariza's defense +0.53 Tos pergame is worth far more than Tmac's 0 defense.

8. Mr. Space City

he got a nice block on dirk in the mav game.

i guy that plays ZERO defense would not have gotten a block on dirk.

his defense i not amazing but you are over exaggerating

9. Mr. Space City

got back and look at my edit, t-mac shot better.

10. Mr. Space City

trevor arizas numbers in first 35 games

[​IMG]

11. choujie

choujie Member

A block on Dirk doesn't mean anything. Tmac let his man pass by him at will and he missed rotation after rotation and he didn have the foot speed to cover his mistake, if you watched the game.

12. Mr. Space City

when you come back and only play 7 minutes a game of course you're not gonna be able to keep up with the game speed and speed of players who have been playing up to speed longer than you have.

13. choujie

choujie Member

Even a rookie Budinger plays much better D than Tmac, when his minutes were fewer. If he can't have the defensive intensity in just 7 minutes, how can you expect that in 30+minutes?

Find any excuse you have, but the bottom line is Tmac is no longer the same player he used to be, and he won't take Rockets to anywhere near Championship, and he is not even in the plan.

14. Mr. Space City

budinger didn't come back from surgery :rolleyes:

people forget when jordan came back it took him awhile to get back up to game speed.

adelman said tim hardaway wasnt the same player and done and got rid of him in golden state.

but tim lead the heat to the eastern conference finals and numerous playoff appearances and made all-nba teams while adelman and his warriors went 66-98 in two years leading him to get fired.

15. Mr. Space City

i as a rockets fan before t-mac and i will still be one after t-mac but i just see that ariza is sucking on the 2 guard spot and see's that there is a better player wanting to play not getting the chance to play

16. choujie

choujie Member

Once Tmac recovers, he is no longer a Rocket. So what's the big deal here?

Rocekts won't keep him ,injury or not, and he is not fully recovered yet. Nothing wrong for not play Tmac more minutes.

17. Mr. Space City

who said there was a problem?

im just stating that there is a better shooting guard on our roster wanting to pay than the one playing shooting guard right now :confused:

18. Hball

Hball Member

I really think that will happen again.

19. choujie

choujie Member

That part I still can't agree. From the minutes Tmac played, he isn't better than Ariza OVERALL.

Tmac is still better than Ariza on offense, but much wors than Ariza on defense.

20. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Yeah, because surely thats what he was implying with his post.
    He means that Tmac might still be able to help the team if Adelman gave him the chance.

Your either a complete idiot or a troll.