1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the chances the Texans can get a RB in FA?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mprodrig, Feb 12, 2003.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why do people give Carr the O line sucked excuse and not the Texans running game. People always seem to do that with QBs and RBs, like they expect the Running Backs to be superhuman.

2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Don't you mean Stacey Mack? Sam was the former rocket's swingman that found himself on the wrong side of the law after leaving H-Town.

3. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I mentioned Pittman as a good choice for the Texans last year. He doesn't have much of a career average--but he plays hard, doesn't fumble and knows his role. The Superbowl probably inflated everyone's expectations (including himself) and his salary however.

Stacey Mack would be a good choice. There should be some promising guys in the 2nd and 3rd round too.

I think Emmitt is tired of playing for sucky teams and getting hit before the line of scrimmage. I would think he would rather have a small role on a good team--I don't see him and the Texas talking.

4. Possum

Possum Member

OOOPS! Thanks for correcting me. :D

5. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Actually I think if Emmitt did go the Tampa it would be a free agent after he was released. I don't see any team paying Emmitt was he's due this year (including the Cowboys).

If a trade did go down between the Cowboys and Buccs it would probably be Keyshawn for Galloway. Galloway put up the best numbers of his career last year with absolutly crappy QB play. He would be amazing in the West Coast Offense and would be a perfect complement to McCardell.

Garrison Hearst may be another option for the Texans because word has it that he may be released this offseason.

Also don't rule out a guy like Quinten Griffin in the later rounds of the draft.