1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the best things you've done to make your league more exciting?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Pieman2005, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

What are some changes you've made in your league that you feel made your league better?

For me it's

• Making it a PPR league. I could never play a non-PPR now.
    • Replacing standard waiver wire with auction bidding. Adds more excitement and is more fair imo.

2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Added keepers with a twist; the twist being, that the next season, whatever round you drafted your keeper you lose that pick as a "sacrifice" for the keeper (FA's count as 8th round picks). It makes everyone's draft strategy TOTALLY different, and even more unpredictable.

3. primtim24

Is that auction bidding using real money that goes into the "winners pot" at the end of the season? Or just made up money related to next season or what?

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

We've never used keepers but it's come up before. I'm interested in trying it one day (wish we had keepers right now because I have Megatron and Jimmy Graham..)

Our auction bidding is just a virtual currency. Everyone has $100 to spend all season. So it's just "made up" haha. We love it though. It's much better than the standard waivers

1 person likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

I've been playing since 1986. Long before computers. The one thing I miss is getting a lotta points based on the length of the TD. It was exciting to see your player break a long TD.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I like adding individual defensive players (IDP) now, it makes more interesting during the draft and during the season.

7. primtim24

That's actually pretty legit! I'll bring that up to the guys in our league and see what they think about it.

Thanks! Repped for the idea...lol

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Thanks for the rep :) If they're too keen on the idea, tell them to at least try it for 1 season! :cool:

You can still do that! You can add bonus points for different length TDs

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

isnt that the standard though?

the keeper league I play in you got to pick up to 3 players and you could keep them up to 3 years but you lose whatever round pick you drafted the player in. You could not keep anyone that you picked up in FA and the player you kept needed to be on your team the entire year. (so you couldnt have dropped him and then picked the guy up late in the year off the WW/FA pool to keep him for the following year)

10. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

imo auction draft is just a way to keep all teams equal for those that do not actually know what they're doing :p

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Strongly considering dumping kickers. Almost no strategy involved at all with them and nearly pure luck, more so than any other position.