1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the best, and the worst, endings to stories you've encountered?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drexlerfan22, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Nero

Nero Member

If you haven't seen Safe Haven... OMG

But for me, all time worst ending to a movie was Unbreakable. Just flat out ruined what was an otherwise pretty good movie.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Y'all are being way too nice to Seinfeld.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol im rewatching Dexter atm to show it to my brother. On season 2 right now and i told him that the show is only 4 seasons lol because that is where i am going to stop. And realistically that is where the original writer left.

(SPOILER)

Whats worse than the lumberjack thing is the love story between dex and deb, disgusting!

4. body slam

body slam Member

The Shield and Justified are two of the better ending in recent time

SAMCRO - sucked

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Agree on Six Feet Under. One of my favorite shows overall, and the ending is far and away the best of any show I've seen. Love rewatching the ending on YouTube every now and then.

For those that have HBO GO and have never tried the series, I can't recommend it enough.

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Wait... you mean it's really good, or really bad? (I've never heard of it)

Thanks for the heads-up, might have to check out Justified.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The theatrical version ending of I am Legend is just terrible and destroys all the greatness and purpose of the story.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I never got around to seeing the final season. So, don't know about Season 7, but I love the show. It is probably the GOAT for incorporating music in a show...with a nod to Miami Vice for starting that. This thread has encouraged me to finish it, so am re-watching Season 6 first, before the final season.

Please no spoilers

Been fast-forwarding through all the Tara stuff and anything with Gemma and Nero alone building their relationship, although I like them both separately, I don't need to revisit their relationship building.

Man, seems like Tara is 1/3rd of Season 6 (mainly stuff with her lawyer), and combined with scenes of Gemma/Nero alone comprise about 1/2 the season. Does help me get through Season 6 faster, though.

I forgot how much Usner gets beat up. "Oh, don't worry about me." lulz

9. Nero

Nero Member

It's.. umm... one of the more amazing endings to a movie I have ever seen. I'm not going to use words like 'good' or 'bad', because those don't actually apply. I mean, the movie is from the novel by the same guy who wrote The Notebook, so you know going in, it's a gooey chick flick.

BUT.

Clearly someone was completely stoned when they were making the movie, because there is absolutely no other explanation which makes sense for how it ends.

So, I recommend it - it's a harmless enough chick flick, but stay all the way to the end, and you will understand what I am talking about.