1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the benefits of getting married?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brown Lost It, Sep 2, 2017.

1. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

Pros: Free p***y for life.

Cons: Same p***y for life.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In terms of Baskeball? related?

#42 daywalker02, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

so basically...

if you're middle/poor: get married.

if you're rich: give all your moneez to jontro so you can be poor, then get married.

MorningZippo likes this.
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Great thread topic OP. I happen to be getting married on 10/14/17 myself. I met a beautiful woman who I love and get along with and who has her own **** so I decided to settle down. There are only two concerns I have tho.
    1. The wedding- I'm a quite laid back type of dude. I wanted to go the justice of the peace or have some very private small ceremony. Nope. She's been dreaming about a big wedding since she was a little girl so big wedding it is. I'm nervous as ****.
    2. I'm not sure why but I keep thinking about all the ass I'm giving up by getting married. I love my girl but it seems like once I got engaged women became more attracted to me than ever for some reason. Oh well, I had a good run but it's time for me turn in my player card and see what this happily ever after life is all about.

pugsly8422, Jayzers_100 and amaru like this.
  5. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

The key is don't get married in an alimony state. Whatever property state doesn't matter. They get 50/50 more or less anywhere.

Also get a prenup.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

I wanna do it how my parents did

They were together for 8 years and said they only reason they got married was because they wanted to have a kid and thought they needed to get married for a stable family home

They've been married now for 30 years and said if it wasn't for kids they wouldn't have tied the knot

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

There are no locks on my room and I occasionally like to beat off to p*rn or hot snapchat/instagram pics of b****es I know.

Sometimes with headphones of course.

Glad you aren't my roomie bro

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I married my first girlfriend that I met thru Yahoo city chats back in 2003. It went like this.

Cheke64:16/m/Northside.
    What's your number?
    What school you go to?

Caesar likes this.
  9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Really?? This is the reason you're considering marriage?

[​IMG]

10. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I used to be nervous about the wedding, but then I realized it's always the bride who is the center of attention. It is her night, not yours. Just have a good time and let her have hers.

amaru likes this.
  11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

No, just the fear down the line, my grandfather died that way. Realistically if you maintain a healthy lifestyle the most like the organ to give out is your heart if you dont get cancer. So whenever I do eat unhealthy and I have trouble sleeping sometimes i think about it. Aslo, I am taller and taller people have shorter lives mainly due to The fact that their heart has to work harder.

12. amaru

amaru Member

As a man you are just a prop. It's about the woman successfully fulfilling the roll she has been indoctrinated to believe in since she was a child.

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Not all women are gold diggers, but they are very easily manipulated and incredibly fake. A girl can tell your best friend, he thinks so-and-so is a douche, wouldnt ever hook up with him and still ****ing him that same night. I've learned girls are liars and don't know what to think, just tell them what they're going to do and they will. And they'll easily flock to the next person with power. So trust nobody.

jbasket likes this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

It's part of their indoctrination. Male dominated society has told them they need to be subordinate to men. Marriage is primarily about security for a woman. Always has been and probably continue to be so.

15. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Are you considering it because you are dating someone and feel like you want to marry that person or you just want to settle down because of societal pressures and will be looking for someone to marry?

From your post, it appears as though you're happy with your life as it is and your view of what marriage means comes across as dreadful and you wouldn't be happy anymore. It doesn't sound like you're ready to sacrifice your personal comfort for married life. Marriage is about sacrificing yourself for your wife and children. Not to say it's not enjoyable, but you don't have all the freedoms you do as a single person. Most of your decisions now affect one or more others (if you have children). You should only marry if you find someone who's truly in sync with you and vice versa (Someone that's your best friend). You should also have meaningful and honest conversations about the expectations of marriage with regards to lifestyle, religion, children, finances, political views, etc...

16. malakas

malakas Member

if you get married, most probably you won't be able to watch as many NBA games as when you were single.

Os Trigonum and daywalker02 like this.
  17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

ok, but just saying: the reason I got married was not because I needed my wife to be my "Life Alert".

In fact, i never considered it when I fell in love with her, read my vows, or when she bore my children. just saying......

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Get married.

You'll get more looks from females without even trying. The execution will be the tough part.

So you have a wife and a collection of free pussay everywhere

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Just put a cheap ring on and you're good, without any real liabilities.

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I've been married for just under 10 years now. 3 young children with 1 of them passing away last year. My marriage was strong before our son died, though in the first 2-3 years we had a lot of work to do to get it to where we could get through most anything together. It's probably the only reason why my marriage is stronger after the loss of our son than before. Because we worked hard at learning how to build connection and understanding regardless of the trials of life, the stresses of this world, or the character defects within each of us. 50% of marriages end in divorce. 80% end in divorce after the death of a child.

I'm also a marriage counselor. I've actually been a marriage counselor longer than I've been married. It's probably the one and only thing I can say I'm an expert at. I've seen hundred and hundreds of couples for marriage counseling. There are a number of things you'll have to learn how to do if you want a marriage to succeed. They're all doable though, they just require an unwavering commitment to do the work. In that way, getting married isn't just a commitment to another person, it's a commitment to always grow and learn. If you believe you've ceased the need to grow, your marriage will suffer.

From a tactical standpoint, marriage will require 3 fundamental skills that I teach my clients:

1) Learning to communicate & resolve conflict effectively
    2) Discovering and resolving all the junk and crap that contributes to your own poor thinking/behavior that ultimately makes relationships hard
    3) Developing certain skills that help you to mature in life and be a good partner in relationships

If both husband and wife can remain committed to those things and the work required to do those things, then marriage my friend is a gift in this life that sadly few get to experience.

Given what you've said, the rationale doesn't suggest that marriage is something you're ready for. But that's just based off of what you said here. If you're ready for the kind of work I've laid out above, marriage is a journey that will not only force you to bring out the best in yourself, but be an experience that can only be matched by being a parent.

Good luck in deciding my friend....