1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the benefits of getting married?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brown Lost It, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Thought it was the hangout, i forgot to check. I got some good advice. Feel free to delete. Thanks

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

If I was a mod then I would definitely delete and maybe even ban.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  3. MONON

MONON Member

I got married because I met a girl the 1st week at college that I enjoyed being with. We could talk, discuss, agree, disagree, have fun & thoroughly enjoy each other. During my sophomore year we found that every so often, we'd say something about marriage. One time she paused for a moment & asked "Why are we talking about marriage when you haven't asked me to marry you yet?". So I proposed. Two years later we were married. That's my experience 50 years ago.

Now that just means that I have 50 years of experience. I'm not an expert, but I do have some thoughts. atam is spot on, so I'll try not to cover what he said. You don't have to get married to settle down. You can do that by yourself & probably should. You should also take care of your medical problems yourself. Taking care of yourself is part of settling down.

Bottom line is marriage is a personal situation between 2 people. If you are considering marriage for any other reason than the heart (your feelings for her), then don't get married. It's not the right time or person for you. Your time will come.

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Kay.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah

6. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Man **** no. I've been married twice and it almost put me in the Looney bin. Run. Run now while you still can.

Brown Lost It and amaru like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The benefits of marriage is that it's a consummation of trust and loyalty and a strong foundation to build on. I think kids deserve married parents. I don't believe in fairy tale romance but I do believe that you should marry a girl who is a 'best friend' type.

You have to find a partner who sees it the same way that you do, and you both have to be willing to make it work.

I think marriage has higher highs and lower lows than being a jet setter, like the internet tough guys are all suggesting in this thread. However, if you don't want high highs and low lows and would rather just cruise, that's up to you.

pugsly8422, malakas and Brown Lost It like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

Same age as me.

You have alluded to the fact that you would be ok with or expect your future wife not to work. Are you in a position financially to support 3-4 mouths?

Also why are you have heart problems at 29?

9. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Everyone saying this needs to be technically moved is correct BUT it's the off-season and OP seems sincere. Here's my two cents.

- Marriage is amazing IF you marry the right person.
    - Marriage is depressing IF you choose poorly.

- The odds that you'll find the right person are +1000 (not good)
    - Most people marry because they want to "lock up" the other person. Imagining them with someone else is unbearable. Or they need health insurance lol (how romantic)

- IMO if your asking this question, the answer is NO.

*Being single has it's perks but sharing a life with an amazing partner is 10x better*
    **Make sure she's a Rox fan** If she can tell you who's on the roster, has a good heart, a nice smile and can cook...go to Jared's bro!!

jeevinesh likes this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How long have you been married?

11. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Divorced. Married for 13 years.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Shawn Kemp approves.

BTW, I thought this thread was about the benefits of an NBA player getting married.

#32 Easy, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This thread is ****ing awesome and I relate. Would read again.

14. atam

atam Member

This is actually interesting. What else is currently going on in the NBA? Chuck Hayes is back...Cool. Kyrie traded...Wow. Melo still isn't here...Shocking.

In a separate thread I may initiate a discussion on the nature of collision of atoms in their respective solid, liquid, and gas phases. Be prepared.

Os Trigonum and malakas like this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I am currently seeking out a chick that makes more money than me so I can buy jet skis, jack up my truck, and turn my above ground pool into a...well, a pool

FTW Rockets FTW and PTX like this.
  16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Would be nice. I guess we are all gold diggers.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Maybe just you...

18. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Marriage only benefits one side of the marriage at the beginning and end. Meaning there's always a loser in the marriage. ALWAYS

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

It would not be nice to have a wife who makes a lot of money as he described? Who pissed in your cereal?

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Here's a few

1. One time my old roommate hummed a dip can as hard as he could and it went like a frisbee and came down directly into an ice cream mans window and drilled him in the face. He got out and charged at my homie when our neighbors pit bull happened to run out of his backyard and chased this dude up and down the street.

2. I walked into my roommates room and he was beating off with his headphones on. I videod him and sent it to him and watched him open it.

3. I had this one roommate who was weird af. His girlfriend came by the house and hurled a brick through the window. I caught her and made her give me 300 bucks. We didn't fix the window. We bought a fish tank.

4. One time my roommate brought this dude home from the bar who had no shirt and a leaf stuck in his eye socket. He was on some ****. He opened up his wallet and started saying "look at my guap" and started throwing cash all over the house. He was walking around swigging wild turkey. Didn't know how to get rid of him. Next thing I know the dude is popping lunestas left and right and is like dead asleep. We put him in the bath tub and when we woke up the next day he was gone.

5. One time me and the boys got home from the bar and some chick was parked in front of our house. She was like a solid 7. I was 19 at the time. She said she broke down and her boyfriend and her got into it and he rolled out on foot. We told her to come inside and wait for him to come back. Next thing I know this 40 year old is wasted with the t*tties out. Her boyfriend never came back and I used my triple A the next morning to get her to safety.

You are missing out

AroundTheWorld, Caesar, Nook and 2 others like this.