1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are all these former players so threaten by what Steph Curry is doing?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Mar 17, 2016.

1. what

what Member

Lebron never got this jealousy. I think it is because Curry is truly the first player that challenges the greatness of Michael. Nor did Kobe or Tim. Nor did KD or Anthony Davis.

He's one year ahead of Micheal, in terms of first year championships, and he didn't have a Shaq to do it for him (Kobe, dwade).

Thank about that, most championships were won by superstars consolidating. Curry hasn't had that luxury.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only former player I've seen say anything was Gary Payton. Who else is trying to diminish his accomplishments?

3. what

what Member

Oscar Robertson, to some degree Charles. Wally Szczerbiak, and a host of others.

4. what

what Member

If Curry gets 73 wins, that's two accomplishments that he's taken away from Michael. How many more are to come?

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Curry is a flash in the pan, 2-3 year star...he's a hard foul away from being relegated to a spot up shooter.

Do you think he'd be pulling this crap on the 90's Knicks, the bad Boys or even Maxwell, Elie & Thorpe?

I think not...

6. what

what Member

Curry would own the bad boys and the knicks, no doubt. Fat rick Mahorn's going to guard curry, lol

7. tksense

tksense Member

What do you mean? So you admit he has unstoppable skills i.e. "pulling this crap", hence one must injure the man in order to stop him from his skills "pulling this crap"? :confused: you realize you just gave him the ultimate praise one can give?

And yes a lot of us think he will "pull this crap" in the 90s, as well as the 80s 60s 40s whatever. He puts the ball in the hoop from everywhere in a more efficient manner than any other. (quickest release ever + accuracy)

You realize curry is a strong mofo? That he tops the league in finishing in the paint? So you assume he's weak hence he'd be scared of the bad boys? I just think you haven't watched or learnt enough about the man to assume so.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

everyday CNN International has a Curry Report. this is typically the entire extent of its nba coverage. even when he has a bad game, the entire nba segment is dedicated to curry's bad game. the hype is getting overblown

9. what

what Member

The hype is real. 73 wins ain't no joke. When he shoots an 80 footer you think it is going in.

The dude is just insane.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No way Curry can come close to touching the legacy of Wally Szczerbiak.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

His skin probably.

12. tksense

tksense Member

Curry is not physically imposing, so it's hard for some of these guys to make sense of the fact that gsw and curry himself is breaking the league apart.

Just last season, as well as the seasons prior, but especially last season, we hear the talk about how the western conference is competitive and how everyone is playing great ball. But comes gsw domination. So which is it? If everyone plays great ball, does that mean gsw is greater of the greats?

So if gsw is so great, who makes the so great? the team must be great. So curry wins MVP cos he's the best player on the best team... Lots of players are jealous at first, they even had to vote the runner-up into the players' choice award....

This season gsw is breaking records left and right. Damn so how can these scrawny kids do it? -thinks some old men... Oh,, so it's bad defense and watered down league, that must be it!! Curry is no better than others!! It's bad defense!! Watered down league!!! Ok that makes me sleep better :)

As it turns out very clearly this season. Gsw is historically good, because? Oh, the player who happens to be on a great team. Who are these great players forming the great team capable of 61-6 anyways?

Curry has silenced critics by his play this season. He along with his whole team remembers all those luck talks, curry remembers the players choice award. He's there to take back what's his, so he reveals his next gear. Some old timers can't believe it so they rather choose to deny it in order to save their fragile ego.

13. conquistador#11

using yao.

think of it like when a player arrives to a team, and he has a ton of fans worldwide. Local Fans from before said player arrives get jilted, offended at all the attention one player is getting.

14. what

what Member

Linsanity might be a better example. But the fact is that I believe this has more to do with the fact that he is entering into Michael territory (and not just in a fans sense) but on a basketball skill level.

For whatever reason these former players don't want to accept the possibility that there could ever be a player better than Mike.

15. hakeemthagreat

Curry, while a great shooter, is a product of how weak the game has become. The NBA has been soft since Lebron got in the game and has now become even SOFTER with Curry. I don't think the Old schoolers are jealous of Curry. It's more "boy if I played today I'd average 40 with these rules". The NBA brand has become a game of personalities more than actual basketball

16. what

what Member

And they, much like you, are wrong. Plus it's not even about what he scores (how much) it's about HOW he does, reigning in 3s, about to shatter that record, about to shatter a record that most thought would never get equaled: 72 wins.

But, lol, at the old schoolers.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol at Wally Szczerbiak

18. neruto

neruto Member

I think you have a point here

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

My thoughts exactly!

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member