1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What adjustments will Popovich make?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 2, 2017.

?

The adjustment that the Spurs make will be...

1. Downsize the lineups

31.0%
  2. Change the pick-and-roll coverage

38.0%
  3. Play harder

21.7%
  4. Other: Specify

9.3%
  1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ariza can't guard him . Our best defender on him tonight was Gordon .

Look kawhi likes to take turn around 2's ... He didn't get a bunch of layups tonight . He got open looks generated by teamates and the 2's he generated himself that he likes taking .

Ariza got schooled by him the last game of the reg season and kawhi ate his dinner again tonight .

If we throw multiple defenders on him it may be worth it . Is kawhi a good enough passer to make the right plays ? That's a valid question . But my guess would be that pop has drilled the system into him and generally he's not going to **** it up ... That means SA will have a 4 on 3 ... Which is no Bueno for us.

2. Fefo

Fefo Member

lol, think i will take pops approach on how to build a dinasty and keep it going than a random internet user, I think he is in the right track...

3. hakeemthagreat

Thank you. I saw it coming after game 1. The Rockets could've started better but the refs were never going to allow us to get game 2. That flop by Patty Mills was the PERFECT example of the foolishness the refs reward. The Rockets will have to play perfect to win this series

4. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

Fans don't know better than Pop... not playing young guys sucks... that is an ongoing conundrum...

5. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

Another referee stepped in to say Gonobili was shooting... there was lots of contact last night. I thought the refs were consistent. Tough call against Mills on Harden 40 feet from basket...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

While penetration should slow dramatically without Parker, we will need to remember to stay home on Mills. I think Beverely will be up to the task if told to do so.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I knew we weren't professional enough to get 2 victories and were totally satisfied with 1 victory. However, Tony Parker being out will allow us to focus on Patty Mills and he can't get in the lane like Tony. We need Beverley to focus on Patty and take him out of the game totally.

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Rockets can beat the Spurs with or without Parker. Parker played amazing last night and I give him and the Spurs credit for amazing execution. But that's the type of come back, back against the wall, home team staying alive game that no road team would win on that night.

Hakeemtheking likes this.