1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Adjustments are seriously need for Game 4.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Apr 22, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think this is spot on.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They really just need to play like they want to win. they need to play with intensity.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I like this.

One of the reasons why Tucker was so good was he instinctively knew when to come over and double in the post in the back half of the season, completely stifling an offense at times because it was unexpected and put them in disaray.

If we do it every single possession than the Wolves can obviously build an attack out of that.

But honestly, my biggest gripe currently is just stay in front of your damn man at the top of the key. It infuriates me watching our guys get on the hip and ride them into the lane like that's supposedly good defense. I understand the idea of funneling players towards a big man, but that's not what we're doing on the defensive side of things.

We're being way too lazy.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Luc, would have been great to put on Teague. I honestly think he's been the biggest problem for us. He's killed us on those switches.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Adjust to winning..

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Right? Play tough, push them around, make shots, get in their heads. Target Center was pretty quiet until the 3rd quarter. I wasn't impressed. The team and the crowd were apprehensive until their lead got comfortable, and then they got comfortable. We have to prevent them from being comfortable.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There's always that risk, but we have enough good post defenders and as long as help is at least stopping easy layups (and kat really isnt a good enough post player to create those a lot), especially if there's a risk of a help defender. That last game, the help was so predictable that it ended up hurting more than helping.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I would prefer we play like we care about the outcome of the game for starters...

HakeemOnlyFan and dc rock like this.
  10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

We still lack the sense of urgency and playoff intensity - fight for every loose ball and rebound, no easy baskets, hard foul or no foul.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't worry about the playoff virgin as much as I would the Vets. Let Capella Nene and I dare say Tariq Black Bang the begeese out of him. He'll wear himself out eventually.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

The major change outside of effort is to apply more focus to Teague, defensively.

Take him out and stick a fork in em

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Quit trippin, it happens. Many first seeded teams have dropped a game or two in an opening round series before...

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Learning verb tense agreement. @Le$$

HP3 likes this.
  16. smp

smp Member

Play with a sense of urgency. We haven't played with urgency for a whole game yet. Even when we blew them out in game 2.

Play Capela when Harden is on the court. Capela has zero chemistry with CP3 so quit trying to force it. Then abuse the pick and roll over and over like the 95 Jazz. Ryno, Ariza, and CP3 can spread the court for their occasional kick out. That also means Tucker should come off the bench.

Don't double KAT. Gaurd the 3 point line and live with contested 2's. Trap Butler and Teague on the perimeter occasionally to try to get a few easy turnovers and switch things up a bit.

When Harden takes a break, CP3 needs to take over and distribute to Tucker, GG and EG. If those guys aren't hitting, he needs to be selfish. That's also the time to run the fast break and push the ball on every possession.

Our bench needs to beat their bench.

Only play Nene and JJ if we get in foul trouble. They are old and slow.

Let Harden, CP3, Capela, and whoever is hot finish the game. I dont care if its Ryno, Tucker, Ariza, GG or EG.

Finally, get Luc back ASAP. Ariza is better when Luc has his back.

rockets1995 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, I agree. Plus I dont think him scoring so much translates to winning for them, but I dont have stats to back that up so dont quote me on it.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol yea once again I agree.

Last time I will double post mods, promise lol.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chris Paul and James Harden need to play way, way better.

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not sure how you do this but I went Minny to feed KAT in the paint... let them try to beat you with KAT and shooters. Gotta shore up the perimeter, can't have Teague/Rose running train, opens up KAT to feast in a fast-paced offense