1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What actually above average shooters are available before the trade deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Nov 20, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i think Harden will eventually accept whatever move Morey makes whether it's bringing in another washed vet or an unknown GLeaguer. He's actually blessed that we were able to get PJ a few years ago and retain Rivers at a vet min salary althewhile trading for his buddy Russ. I think as long as it doesn't disrupt the top 4-5 guys around him Harden don't care. The biggest elephant in the room I think is MDA and not Harden. He's not as bad as Rick Adelman was but his penchant for short rotations or vets really don't allow Morey to bring in a hungry GLeaguer that can offer high energy and possible better defense.

YOLO likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't know man. I didn't get that feeling when he addressed the lack of vets being a problem. but it's definitely an issue right now concerning all the others and who we can really rely on come may/june. atleast we know we do have EG coming back.

3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Considering that Westbrook is historically a poor playoff performer for a reason, it's best to keep that at the back of your mind when thinking of ways to improve this team.

4. Asian Sensation

Thanks for taking the time to make the list. I lauded Hood for being a young, long, athletic wing that can shoot with subpar/decent defense. Most importantly he was available for cheap and budget friendly. I really wanted him bad before last years trade deadline.

Anyways, this year I think the Heat have several pieces that can help us since they seem to have a lot of redundant talent in areas that we have a need for.

https://allucanheat.com/2019/11/21/miami-heat-duncan-robinson/amp/

I’d be down for some D-Rob if somehow he were available as a piece to a larger trade. I’m still high on Justice Winslow if they decide to part with him. Always been a fan of what Olynyk brings to the table (stretch 5, high IQ). D Jones jr. can’t shoot but I love his youth, athleticism and potential.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol another defensive liability in reddick

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

House has been quite efficient. Now if only mclemore can follow suit.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah we're not in a strategically great position. But right now we need a one more big 3&d wing. If we're just hoping for a buyout candidate or picking between throwaway players, I think we're better off doing that at the 5.

We're not going to get someone like a younger Ariza with the assets we have.

If we don't go all in, we are wasting a critical season.