1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about trading for Eric Bledsoe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Good Times, Dec 3, 2012.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

With Harden's ball handling & passing, backup PG is not something the Rockets have an urgent need. The most critical need is for them to trade for a low-post present, or develop at least one of their front court players into the threat. Once they have that, this team can play with the good defensive teams such as Spurs and Memphis, and more athletic teams like OKC & Heats.

Right now, the Rockets is more of a perimeter team, live & die by their 3pt. We all know how successful that will bring you in playoff.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Baby Lebron would be awesome for us but with Lin here it won't happen it would create controversy. Bledsoe is a starter in a yr or two and would be awesome next to harden but we actually need Patterson for this season if we want to make the playoffs the young guys just arnt ready to get significant playing time at the 4

3. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

what? so he can play in d league?

4. prs325

prs325 Member

Hes like a bigger Kyle Lowry. I think that would be the kind of move that Morey would pull, unfortunately Bledsoe would not be available unless he tells the Clips that he wants to start, CP3 signs long term, or when he becomes a FA (probably before the trading deadline).

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Watching the clips Mavs game last night, this kid reminds me of Lowry with more upside. If Paul reupps, Morey should make lob city an offer hey can't refuse.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I said Beldsoe is better then Lin and his upside is way more then Lin a few weeks back and the LOF's went beserk. Anyone can see this kid is a starting calibare PG and his potential is unlimited.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He would start over Lin after a few games. Bledsoe>Lin

8. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Uh, it's a fact.

Bledsoe is much better than Lin, although that isnt saying much. Now, and for the future, 30/30 GMs agree with me.

Clippers aren't giving him up for scrubs.

9. seahawk

seahawk Member

FearTheBeardJH is trolling everywhere.

10. Gil

Gil Member

Clippers aren't giving away Bledsoe with CP3 yet to resign but I'd give up anything to bring him here. Elite defender, elite athleticism etc.

Shooting still needs work and he isn't the best in half court situations but he'd flourish playing alongside Harden.

Definitely better than Lin sadly, no shame in that either considering Bledsoe has Top 10 PG potential if he's given a starting position.

11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Bledsoe has really blossomed.

Reminds me of a far rawer young Lowry, but with explosive athleticism

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lettuce be real tea, as of right now Bledsoe is better than Lin. Lin thrives off of confidence. Not sure if our team is a fit, it's way to early to tell.

But if I had the chance to trade for Bledsoe, giving up Douglas, 2Pat and as a gift we'll lay in Mr #anxiety, that would be a steal!

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, Mo Williams was:

(a) Gonna want to start
    (b) Gonna be up for a contract extension soon
    (c) Pouting about being 2nd fiddle

Bledsoe does have far more upside, tho. The Clips' choice was easy.

15. Arthurprescott2

He's definitely under-utilized by the Clips and deserves more minutes. But that said, Clips still value him a lot (for obvious reasons) and are not likely to trade him as many have noted. Maybe when he hits the FA market (RFA i think actually), someone will try to steal him from the Clips for sure. Lots of talk around the league that he'll be a "max" guy in the near future.

16. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Let's stick to team ball, Bledsoe is not a distributor. How bout Chris Paul instead? hehe

17. SK34

SK34 Member

He would start over Lin.

18. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Douglas may start before Lin.

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

We have too much money invested at PG to get a guy like Bledsoe. Bledsoe will be a quality starter in the near future - but not a star. Perhaps better than Lin, perhaps not - but he won't be way better than him.

If we get rid of Lin or bench him, it will only be for a star - or at the end of his contract. I like Bledsoe, but this just isn't the right situation for him or for us.