1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Michael Beasley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABrooks0, Apr 24, 2010.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would trade our pick for him...

2. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Right, because mar1juana usage automatically destroys any person's chances of success in any meaningful endeavor whatsoever. That's why the US would never want a guy like Michael Phelps on their Olympic swimming team.

3. chosans

chosans Member

I had high hopes for Beasley when he entered the league but he has turned out to be immensely disappointing. He looks like he doesn't even want to be in the league sometimes and is wasting his potential.

4. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

theres a difference between pothead and pot smoker. i drink beer sometimes but im not an alcoholic. mar1juana is a de-motivator. it's way better than alcohol and doesnt create any real social/domestic problems and should be legal but nobody would want to be in a situation where you have to rely on a pothead to get things done. beasley's attitude is reminiscent of the once great ricky williams. yeah my friends and i laughed n cheered while toking in west campus when we heard he decided to quit the nfl to smoke weed... but looking at it as an adult now.. thats messed up.

we let dorsey go cuz of work ethic. i doubt beasley would cut it.

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I'm a functioning pothead that seems to be able to get my work done. Granted, I don't fly a plane for a living (please don't let me board a plane with a high pilot), but I've managed to recieve pay increase, promotions and high ratings as a pothead (I'm in IT).

That said, I wouldn't be much of a fan of any pothead on the Rockets timing it up during the season given what I know about smoking weed. A few tokes now and then in the offseason is fine by me though.

6. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

props! my friend is also a functioning pothead. he cant function without it. he graduated in 3.5 years from undergrad and got his phd and now has a very lucrative job and is doing quite well.

smoking in the offseason is fine by me as well. i just get the impression beasley would get along well with my college buddies. we were all super seniors and ricky williams enjoyed our company at Dobie more than he should have.

7. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Wow Beasley is looking great out there! What a dunk!

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

No to Beasley, he actually has alot of talent (but strangely limited), but when I heard complaining about having a more significant role in the team, then watch a few games of him being ... utterly useless on defense at times and missing wide open jumpers.

I say a horizontal move at best, at worst he brings the team down.

He's better off with a team, like the Suns or Warriors, where he can run and gun down the floor, and get numbers.

9. amaru

amaru Member

I'd also take Hill over Beasley.

A 6"10-6"11 mobile big man who works hard and is only getting better....is much more valuable than a 6"7-6"8 forward who has a questionable work ethic and bb IQ and inconsistent.

10. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

You're comparing Hill's floor that he has shown in his rookie season vs Beasley's unfulfilled ceiling man

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

what does being a pothead got to do with whether hes a good nba player or not??? which player other than our always-perfect shane "consummate professional" battier does not do pot??

hello hello aren't we gonna pursue brad miller this offseason? does anyone realise this dude is the white guy with cornrows on his head wearing massive numbers on his jersey ALSO the pot addict being suspended 5 games last season for "drug offenses"???

If JR Smith and Gerald Green didn't even get that punishment for the dodgy stuff they've always been doing, our top FA target of 2010 a.k.a. Houston Rockets retirement home class of 2010 Brad Miller gets a free ride here to sit on the bench to act as a human memorabilia to our gloryboy Brent Barry while this uber-talented 21 year old playing on the most washed-down team outside of New Jersey Swamps gets all this criticism for "smoking pot"?????????

no offense but DD probably smokes pot...(at least in his younger days...:p)

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I meant Josh Howard too ^^

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I don't care that Josh Howard smokes pot. I do care that he hates America based on his little YouTube video from a couple seasons ago.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No Thank you. I thank Hill will be a better fit for what we truely need in the future, given that he will improve significantly this summer. Beasley's numbers should be way better playing off of a superstar like Wade. His attitude problems have been well documented as well.

15. bigkstrong

bigkstrong Contributing Member

I would not touch Beasley. He reminds me of another former college standout from Seton Hall. All the tools and talent to become a great player, but is having some serious personal struggles that may be affecting play.

Remember this?

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Lazy on D? Don't want.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I would take him if you could tell me of at least one lazy headcase who actually helped an NBA team win a championship.

Rodman is the only headcase who ever made an impact in the postseason that I can remember but at least he had a strong work ethic.

The road to the NBA title never goes through ex college stars - only good pros of which Beasley is NOT.

18. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Yes, exactly what a team trying to improve their defense needs. :rolleyes:

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just a taller version of JR Rider.

DD

20. monster

monster Member

No thank you.