1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Michael Beasley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABrooks0, Apr 24, 2010.

1. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Why would we want someone who doesn't play defense? :confused: DM wants to be top 10 in defense next year so I don't think that's going to happen...

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Are you saying that you're okay with his production, relative to where he was picked in the draft? His numbers in the playoffs speak of a good role player, not All-Star status that many predicted him to be.

Maybe this is because the Heat don't have a real point guard or maybe it's because of other things, but for a guy with so much hype coming out of college, those games you cite are a bit disappointing.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'm saying he's not as bad as you are making him out to be. I'm saying he's only 21 and it's his second season in the NBA. Galinari, Gordon, and Mayo have not been much better than him off your list - and Mayo and Gordon wouldn't have been drafted by them because they play the same position as Wade.

His scoring numbers have not been impressive, I understand that. But he's shooting 49% from the field and 50% from the three (1 out of 2) -- he's not exactly killing the Heat with his inability to score. For a guy whose only getting 11 shot attempts a game, I'm not quite sure what you're expecting.

Could he be better? Of course. But my point is more he's far from a bust like some people are saying. Add to that, Spolestra has no idea what he's doing - if I'm Wade, I'd ask for a new coach along with help.

Do I want him on the Rockets? Not for what he'd cost. But that doesn't mean he's a bust.

4. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Oh well....At least I tried to convince you guys... :grin:

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

No thank you, the guy has no desire to be great. He is very similar to Lamar Odom, both good players but both could become GREAT players if they put the effort in.

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Someone calls him Tito Jackson and dude flies off the handle. Wtf else would he be on a team with D-wade. He has a huge ego for someone who has't proved anything in the NBA.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

These kinds of reasonings for acquiring players can be odd.
    ""Everyone on the team says he's undedicated, lazy, immature, a bonehead, unreliable, cocky though not confident, is uncoachable, unstable, is too sensitive and reacts violently to criticism, farts on the team plane, tells unfunny offensive racy jokes, is cruel to women, doesnt care about fans, claims 911 was a US-led "inside job". And on top of that has a bad drug habit. They're absolutely sick of him, SICK I tell you.

He'll be a great fit on YOUR team""

You can see that example progression and tell why other teams will be hesitant to take on a head case.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

9. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

what about michael beasley? no, he isn't better than dream or shaq.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Not bad, but for the team's second option, it is lackluster.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

"Super Cool Beas", as the kids call him, is a headcase and worse than JR Smith or Von Wafer, imo.

Dude has not lived up to expectations and since we already have Scola and Hill, who I think is already better than Beasley, why would we want a nutjob?

Are team is full of guys who compete and give it their all each and every night like Battier, Scola, Brooks, Lowry, Ariza, and the list goes on and on.

Beasley, IMO, is the anti-Rocket. Someone who is a high risk, low reward type of guy.

12. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

low reward? If he straightens up he could be a HIGH REWARD player.

13. LongTimeFan

Lopez is a no brainer. I'll give you Love too.. but Gallinari? :confused: All he's done is chuck 3s on a bad team.. Beasley has had to earn minutes on a playoff team (yet to average 30minutes!) -- Gallinari has been given the green light to shoot whenever he wants. Do you think D'Antoni pulls DG because he isn't playing defense? Me either. If Beasley was on a bad team where he could put up the shots, he'd have just as impressive stats if not more than DG.

I think everyones agrees he needs to be more assertive. As I pointed out, he's only getting 11 FGA a game. That's on him, and to a lesser extent, his minutes/offensive game plan. Maybe it's tough adjusting to be a second fiddle when you're used to being the number one option.. I'm not sure. I don't know if he'll ever be a legitimate #1 option, but even if he develops as a #2 I don't think that makes him a bust.

#93 LongTimeFan, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  14. da_juice

da_juice Member

I was doin some reading on that Celtics site and they say if the Heat accquire a big free agent as well as Dwade and decide to go on a chamionship run that the most probable scenario is an SNT with Ray Allen for Beasley

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Heat are a bad team.

16. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

NO TO BEASLEY! Problem kid plus he is only 6ft7 at PF? NO THANKS

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, no and NO. Thanks.

18. LongTimeFan

The Heat, as a bad team, are fifth in the east. The Knicks, as a bad team, are the 9th worst team in the league. There's a difference.

19. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Hmm... How would you feel about aquiring Danillo Gallinari?

20. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

How about not?