1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Michael Beasley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABrooks0, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Same...but since we don't have Mandry...Ill take Beasley over Hill.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This is an obvious ploy to acquire Bosh by S&T and still have enough salary left to get another max free agent to go with Wade/Bosh. They could offer Beasley directly to Toronto or they can start looking for 3-ways to send Beasley somewhere else for assets to sent to TO for Bosh.

Toronto? They need a post up big since Bargnani plays outside in. They need a guy that works inside/out. Ideally, if Big Al is available, he would be a great fit in the post alongside Bargnani and Hedo.

Back to Beasley. Super talented kid, that's for sure. He could flat out lead the league in scoring someday. He has every requisite offensive skill. Questions are, his attitude and his ability to fit into a team concept. When you watch him play when Wade is out, he takes over, has his best games. He obviously relishes the 'go to' role. I think Beasley could be totally dominant coming off the bench for a team like the Rockets in that 'go to' role, sort of like Bob McAdoo was for the Lakers in the Magic/Kareem era. You bring him off the bench with Lowry/Budinger/Hill, and one of Ariza/Battier and he has the opportunity to flat dominate on the offensive end while being covered on the defensive end with Hill/Lowry/Battier/Ariza helping him out.

So, if nothing else materializes for the Rockets as far as getting Bosh themselves, then if a firesale develops for Beasley, where he could be acquired for a junk contract (say David Andersen), a draft pick (Rockets #14) and possibly a future draft pick (the higher of the Rox and Knicks in 2012), then that may be a decent deal to do.

IF we are going to keep our pick and draft a big, then we still have to have another primary big man that can play 30 a night in the rotation alongside Yao/Scola. I don't want to rely on a rookie big man to play 30 a night as a rookie. They're going to have a learning curve. So we either keep Hill and pair him up with a rookie big that can contribute (Alabi, Udoh, Aldrich), or we trade either the pick or Hill in a deal for another primary big man. Hill has shown me enough to feel that he is capable of giving us a quality 20 minutes or so. We could supplement him with Beasley on the 2nd unit behind Yao and Scola at the behest of our draft pick. That would make some sense.

However, all this is a waste of time if Beasley is snorting and shooting. I think Riley is going to have a difficult time getting anything of value for him.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Oh, I'm sure he'll turn it around in his contract year. This guy is the exact type of player fans end up despising. He'll get religion just long enough for his payday, and then go right back to the way he was before.

In other words. No. Thanks.

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Beasley reminds me of Marbury (from a head state). I'd rather not go there.

5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'd rather have reasonable skills and hard work (Hill), then have better skills with questionable effort (Beasley).

Plus, I think Hill is more capable defensively - which happens to be my primary concern for this team (defense).

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

No. Please no. I hate Beasley. He should never have gone 2nd overall. He's an effortless player in it for the money. He's T-Mac with mar1juana.

7. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Hell to the no. Beasley is unmotivated and we've got a really good PF already in Scola and a prospect with better upside in Hill.

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

False.

9. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

How many time am I going to have to say it....HE CAN PLAY THE 3 TOO!
    Scola can stay at the 4...No one is moving him. He's staying....Hopefully Morey can keep him. First prioritys is to keep Lowry and Scola. IMO the only players that are not available for trade are Brooks, Scola, Martin. Personally I wish we could trade Yao for Bogut and filler? Cause I don't see Yao being healthy again. Prove me wrong.

10. LongTimeFan

False.

11. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

ummm i think we have some guys that play the 3, theres that guy ariza who was a huge part of a championship team, theres that battier guy who is one of the best defenders and all around team players/leaders in the game, and we have this up and coming c bud fellow who has shown more to me in his one year in the nba that beasly has in his nba career.

plus beasely is another undersized big, we need someone with length and size and athleticism, aka not beasly

what about michael beasley thread=fail

12. Pocket Rockets

And these are the reasons you want to him to be on the rockets?

13. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Beasely reminds me of Derrick Coleman: lefty, super smooth, talented, inside and outside game, and unfortunately, a little crazy and lazy.

Even if we "turn" Beasely around basketball wise, we will always have trouble keeping his outrageous personality and laid-back work ethic in check. Watching him in the documentary "Gunning For the Number One Spot" showed the true Beasely--cocky, immature, unstable.

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Proving a negative.
    I can't prove Yao won't be healthy. There is evidence he can be, and evidence he can't be, but it's impossible to prove it one way or another. And if he isn't healthy, then we don't definitely don't want Beasley, as we would instead want someone who could play center, like Big Al.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Beasley should be banned from the Rockets broadcast for the same reason as ABC and Fox banned the Lane Bryant ad.

[​IMG]

Too much bust.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

No Beas please.

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This is all I needed to read. NO THANKS.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's just sad at how bad Beasley is as an NBA player. He's not BAD but he's not the great player many hyped him out to be. This guy was drafted ahead of:

OJ Mayo
    Russell Westbrook
    Kevin Love
    Danillo Gallinari
    Eric Gordon
    Brook Lopez

Just to name a few. Any of those 6 players could have helped Wade out during this year's playoffs moreso than what the Beas has done.

19. LongTimeFan

Oh calm down. He's shot:

3 - 8 1st game
    6 - 14 2nd game
    7- 11 3rd game

He's not exactly out there throwing up bricks, unable to help Wade. He's only 21 years old - he'll be fine. Eric Gordon or Galinari would hardly be any better, if at all. OJ Mayo is a SG, like Wade, so I'm not sure how you fault them for not picking him. I'll give you the rest of the list.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I said it before the season started: Beasley is the second coming of Mo Taylor. He's too big of bonehead and way too flaky. Lazy, unmotivated, doesn't play defense and terrible work ethic all attached to a monster offensive arsenal. Unfortunately, that type of player is NOT a starter in this league. Maybe he'll get better but as of right now he's a bench player -- definitely not somebody you can rely on consistently.

In other words, no thanks.