1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Kwame?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ceonwuka, Jun 5, 2005.

1. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I noticed the "Which Player Will Improve Us The Most" Thread didnt have Kwame Brown as an option while guys like Mike Miller (No D) J. Williams (No D and a bit wild to be the PG of a potentially contending team) and even SAR (a definate uprade over Howard, but essentially the same player, i.e no versatility) were mentioned.

Personally I think Kwame can be the answer to all of our PF problems. He is a good defender, a great rebounder, he can play Center to spell Yao, and he is a viable scoring option while T-Mac/Yao are in foul trouble or resting. I know he is a bit of a risk (not nearly as much as Artest though) but I have confidence in JVG and more importantly the maturity of our other players (T-Mac, Barry, Howard, Yao) to help him maximize his potential. He might be had for the full MLE or a S&T (Wesley and/or future pick)

Assuming we stay away from other talented players with potential chemistry problems like Mobley (looks to shoot a bit much, even IF he did want to come back) Artest (Very Talented, but definately crazy) and D. Miles (I think he'd be very good here, but I wouldnt want 2 under-achieving highschoolers), we could add a guy like Raja Bell (should be cheap, 45%FG and 40% from downtown, and very good on D). I think we would be in a very good situation for next year.

Imagine.......

Sura/James
    R. Bell/Barry
    T-Mac/R. Bell
    K.Brown/Howard
    Yao/Deke

We would still have expiring contracts of Baker, Spoon to address possible backcourt issues as the trade deadline approaches.

Kwame is certainly a gamble, but I think to match up the best teams (S.A., Detroit, even Phoenix) you need to start TWO above average big men and a good big off the bench. Detroit has the Wallaces and McDyess, while S.A. has Duncan/Mohamed/Horry.

*Other guys I think should be considered more include Carlos Arroyo and Jason Hart

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Something different from the 'Why not....?' titles

take a look at the front page of cf.net

Kwame has had some problems with his team..I usually don't like us take in caseheads but Kwame is still young and with the right guidance I think he could prosper

3. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take Kwame if we take the Rev. Sun Myung Moon as a motivational coach.

YOU WILL REBOUND FOR ME AND THEN YOU WILL WASH MY FEET WITH YOUR TEARS OF JOY !!! Ok...Ok... you can access my harem. Good doggie.

4. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

he's got talent but if michael jordan couldn't motivate the kid, well....i really don't want him. next "what if" scenario.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"your life is played out like Kwame, and them f**King poke-a-dots"