1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Kwame?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ceonwuka, Jun 5, 2005.

1. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I noticed the "Which Player Will Improve Us The Most" Thread didnt have Kwame Brown as an option while guys like Mike Miller (No D) J. Williams (No D and a bit wild to be the PG of a potentially contending team) and even SAR (a definate uprade over Howard, but essentially the same player, i.e no versatility) were mentioned.

Personally I think Kwame can be the answer to all of our PF problems. He is a good defender, a great rebounder, he can play Center to spell Yao, and he is a viable scoring option while T-Mac/Yao are in foul trouble or resting. I know he is a bit of a risk (not nearly as much as Artest though) but I have confidence in JVG and more importantly the maturity of our other players (T-Mac, Barry, Howard, Yao) to help him maximize his potential. He might be had for the full MLE or a S&T (Wesley and/or future pick)

Assuming we stay away from other talented players with potential chemistry problems like Mobley (looks to shoot a bit much, even IF he did want to come back) Artest (Very Talented, but definately crazy) and D. Miles (I think he'd be very good here, but I wouldnt want 2 under-achieving highschoolers), we could add a guy like Raja Bell (should be cheap, under-rated offensively and very good on D). I think we would be in a very good situation for next year.

Imagine.......

Sura/James
    R. Bell/Barry
    T-Mac/R. Bell
    K.Brown/Howard
    Yao/Deke

We would still have expiring contracts of Baker, Spoon to address possible backcourt issues as the trade deadline approaches.

Kwame is certainly a gamble, but I think to match up the best teams (S.A., Detroit, even Phoenix) you need to start TWO above average big men and a good big off the bench. Detroit has the Wallaces and McDyess, while S.A. has Duncan/Mohamed/Horry.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

sorry for the double post....... MODS Please delete