1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what about bringing lowry back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, May 6, 2017.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I love Lowry and have always rooted for him. I don't think he fits with this team though. He's known to disappear in the playoffs and we just don't need to spend the money at his position.

PyroTex likes this.
  2. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

We need joey Dorsey again

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Clutchfans has spoken: NO

BigShasta likes this.
  4. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Love Lowry, but like others have mentioned, just don't see how'd he fit.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think i agree with this, Lowry would probably fit here, but while i was ok in sign him few years ago, as today considering his age, spot and that he's probably going to ask a max (or something pretty close to it) eh...i'd pass.

alethios likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah also Kevin Martin, and Budinger and Scola an CHuck Hayes

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Like I posted in the GARM, think he would be a great fit. Think posters are sleeping on his 3 point shooting.

Lowry made 3.2 three's this season on 41%, for comparison on how good that is - Curry's career average is 3.3 made three's on 44%

With Lowry's shot, his defense and his passing he'd fit well next to Harden, would be an excellent addition to our team.

For those who are saying our backcourt is too packed, all we'd have to do is move Lou for a 2nd to open up minutes. We can also run Lowry/Bev on the court together easily as well with their defensive abilities.

8. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

We could keep Lou, just we'd play small a lot more but, if we did sign Lowry I can see us dealing Williams. Imagine that backcourt of Harden, Beverley, Gordon, Williams, and Lowry. That is easily the most deepest and talented rotation in the league. Plus we could sign a cheap front court player like Patterson or trade for a wingman like Covington.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Keeping Lou in that scenario wouldn't be depth, it would be a log jam, plus trading him would open up 5 mill on top of Lowry's max to sign a bigman.

Lowry / Beverley
    Harden / Gordon

Would be incredibly deep, to the point where Harden would play the majority of his minutes at SF, as well as everybody getting a nice chunk of their minutes cut which would be ideal for longevity. Definitely no room for another guard in that scenario.

10. StevieCrossover

ill pass. Save the money for a center or wing.

juanm34 likes this.
  11. StevieCrossover

What happen to that draft pick of super skinny 7 foot chinese guy that looked like jeremy lin? Has he progressed?

12. alethios

alethios Member

Lowry will settle for nothing less than being starting PG. There's no room for his ego here.