1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What 1st (2nd) round picks could these Rockets players fetch?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 9, 2016.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Besides, I wouldn't waste a 1st round pick on Ullis. Kay Felder is just as good if not better and he may go undrafted. I doubt it though. Also I really think Ullis will go in the second.

2. JD88

JD88 Member

You didn't watch a minute of UK this season, did you?

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No because they didn't have Harden and Howard on the team.

4. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I wouldn't move Capella under any circumstances except I've already signed a player like Horford.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, would be stupid to even consider it. We would need to then go out and sign 3 rotation big men, and that's a lot harder than 2 rotation big men considering we have other needs (backup/starting PG especially).

They're not going to move him for a pick, that's pretty obvious. I wouldn't be mad if they moved him for a player with higher potential+production at any other position.

Trading a young C in their 3rd year to mask their flaws = the classic old GM mistake. Capela's value will be higher next season even if he just replicates what he did this season and this was an uneventful season for him. The higher likelihood is he's going to improve a lot since he's a hard worker off the court, and MDA's system will give him more opportunities to make use of his athleticism. Also C's will get smaller as he gets slightly bigger and that will put him firmly in the best physical attributes categories.

6. Sanity2disChaos

Felder has game but he and Ulis are different Pgs...I see a scoring PG in Felder and a pure Pg/ distributor in Ulis.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So 1st round pick trade value

#12 - Jeff Teague
    #20 - Thad Young

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Are u still trying to make fetch happen. C'mon.

9. basketballholic

Felder put up almost 10 assists a game in college with very few turnovers. He's a great distributor.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:confused:

Not trying to make anything happen except asking opinions on Rockets players worth relative to a first round pick.

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. Also I don't think Ariza is a great fit for MDAs style of offense. Ariza's contract should be very attractive and he's got a lot of playoff experience that playoff teams like Boston ect. may have interest.