1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What 1st (2nd) round picks could these Rockets players fetch?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 9, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Whoa, Nellie - - you rate NN that much better than CC? Sorry, we have different eyes.

I suspect Murray may prove to be the 'steal' of the draft, would look wonderful wonderful next to Harden IMO.

How many rooks do you want on a 15-man roster when the commitment handed down from the Mount is to win-win-win now?

2. craguin

craguin Member

Given that Morey has history with Bryan Colangelo, how many people would flip Ariza and Beverley for Philly's picks (24 & 26)?

3. malakas

malakas Member

Around 18-20% usg only. And who can also assume the primary playmaker position when the other two playmakers rest. So Delly is perfect for the role,but at 13-14 per that's way too much.

Sorry but NN is much better than Capela. I don't really like him that much because he hasn't managed to put a lot of weight and he is being bullied by true big centers and can't play pf offensively, but at least Noel is a great defender as a C and could start as C for any team while Capela isn't. YET at least.

However who knows in a few years?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, as today Noel is the better player.

But personally, if i'm the Rockets, i wouldn't trade assets for him having Capela since he's a similar player/body but, cheaper (a lot cheaper in the next two seasons), with no injury history and i also suspect he has a little more chances to develop a decent offensive game.

To me we just don't have enough asset to trade for ok/good players, i would use them only in a pretty important trade.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Capela is too valuable for a 10. I doubt the Rockets would do that for anything below 4. Big men are hard to find.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Let's assume for the sake of argument NN > CC; how much? I mean, how much? Not enough to matter.

8. basketballholic

False.

9. malakas

malakas Member

One is a starting caliber center for every nba team, the other is not. So yeah the difference right now is significant and their age isn't very much different.

However, IF capella next year manages to a) put on a lot of weight b) learn to play position defence then we can talk again. Right now the difference is very big.
    Also the difference in trade value is another thing. If Noel gets a 20+ per year contract extension this year then ofc his trade value will be lower than it currently is.

10. hvic

hvic Member

he is an unproven rookie and can stay in a suit and cheer for the rockets

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Truth.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The contract situation is part of the equation; the fact is neither is a starting-worthy 5 on a contender. But there is just not the great deal of separation between the two that some people think, and I don't.

In fact, in an MDA world I believe CC can survive pretty well certainly at least as well as NN would be able to. In an MDA world. In which we live (sigh).

13. BackdoorHarden

You would have to give up 2 1st round pick to get rid of Brewer and his 2 years contract.

Warriors had to give up a 1st round pick to get rid of R Jefferson with only 1 year left on contract. Rockets had to give up 1st round pick to get rid of Lin with only 1 year left

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i don't think morey will look to move ALL of those players for picks on draft night.

i think capela and harrell's upside and price are too good to give up for another non-lotto rookie. dekker isn't worth anything right now. MDA praised beverley's 3 and toughness, i think we keep him as a backup PG. MDA will also love brewer in transition.

that leaves ariza and KJ. i think we can pull KJ+#37 for #28 from the suns. I think we can also get ariza+#43 for #21 from the hawks. from there you could target guys like thon maker, stephen zimmerman, tyler ulis, and torean prince. in that draft range i think MDA will most be struck by maker and ulis.

15. basketballholic

Maker, yes. And 21 may be the range. Ulis no. He's just another backup playmaking point guard in an ocean of backup playmaking point guards.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Key words: playmaking PG

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not suggesting Morey trade all of those players, LOL. Just what their pick valu would be.

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I would like for us to draft centers. Morey usually does a good job trading for guards.

19. Sanity2disChaos

Ulis would be a great 1b PG to Bev. They are total different players at that position and I would definitely consider that a good draft for the rockets, if they are able nab a few picks.

Maker is intriguing.has a Lamar Odom feel to his game..

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I think Anthony Barber from NC State is a sleeper at PG in this draft. Maker is a few years away from being an NBA rotation player.