1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What 1st (2nd) round picks could these Rockets players fetch?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 9, 2016.

1. chandlerbang21

LOL Dudley's name has been thrown around alot lately. I am convinced a majority of people here haven't seen him play much during the NBA season.

2. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

The Bucks looks like a good trade partner.
    they dont need more youth.
    they need to win

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So I see this "weak draft" is starting to look a little better now, huh?;)

4. malakas

malakas Member

then send it to the league's office.:grin:

Why would I be in favour of such a deal? Not because I think that Bev is anything special or Capela is going to be a star. But because as far I know from our legit insider there's a very good chance that the Bucks will pay Delly 11+ per as their new starting pg. I prefer Delly to Bev but I think to pry him from the Cavs the price needed may even reach 13-14 per and at that point I don't like that deal at all, so Bev as a placeholder "3+D" pg will suffice until his contract is up. Capela on the other hand even with two less years in his contract doesn't seem much worse than the other prospects at the 10 pick range especially since Poetl may already be gone.
    Now if Bender is still available I don't know if I would do that deal.

As for your ideas, for Denver to move up they would need to fall in love with a player. I don't think that anyone at that range will make them to move up. Only if they need the 10 to combine with their other high first to move in range to pick Murray perhaps.

5. IamHobbs

IamHobbs Member

I'm a Piston fan and I'd trade the 18th for Beverley in a second. He'd slot in at backup point guard providing defense we don't get from our starter and give us shooting we want. It's their biggest need and he fills it cheaply.

No idea if Houston would deal with Detroit because of the DMo thing, but they are willing to move their pick.

6. basketballholic

Lordy, there is no way Jason Kidd a wants to pay Delly $11 million per season. Maybe 2/11.

7. malakas

malakas Member

he doesn't make the decisions anymore and every decision he has made so far regarding pgs has shown that he's a idiotic gm. That's why he has lost most of his decision making powers. The pg needed is a 3+D pg who must play off the ball that's why Delly as rumoured is the most likely choice.
    The Bucks and Rockets actually need exactly the same kind of pg.

8. basketballholic

If we could get 18 for Bev, that deal will get done as long as Maker is still on the board.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Delladova at $10+ million a season? Wow. I like the guy but wow..

10. basketballholic

It's insane.

11. malakas

malakas Member

he's a rfa that's why and the pg class this year is incredibly poor. My source actually is our insider. He said that the most likely signings is Delly and Teletovic.
    10 per is not that bad. But if it goes to 13 or 14 per then I'm against that signing.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Last chance to get out of paying the tax. Of course, they're going all in on a draft night trade.

13. steddinotayto

I'm not criticizing you or your source, far from it. But why do that when they can save money and go after a better PG on 2017? Delladova can't be the player that puts them over the top right? And if Cleveland matches any offer for him? Lol wow are they crazy.

14. malakas

malakas Member

it's not exactly a magnet for FAs. Especially since the pg who is going to sign there will not have the ball in his hands as much as in other teams. The reason to offer that much is so as the Cavs won't match. They only have until 2018 to spend money because after that around 61 million a year will go to only 3 players, if everything goes well.
    Now if they could get G.Hill with the 10th pick it would be better but even he expires next summer. Other than that there are very few options available that fit the criteria needed for the team, same as with the Rockets. There are very few pgs who are 3+D and can play off the ball.
    Who from 2017 would even want to go sign in Mil to play off the ball?

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Clint Capela - Early first round
    Trevor Ariza - Mid first rounder
    Patrick Beverley - Mid-Late first rounder
    Corey Brewer - Pollo Loco 2 for 1 deal
    KJ McDaniels - Late first rounder
    Montrezl Harrell - Late first rounder
    Sam Dekker - Expired half eaten bag of Dorritos

16. steddinotayto

How off the ball do you want? Honest question.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Clint Capela - - mid-late lotto
    Trevor Ariza - - late 1st
    Patrick Beverley - - late 1st
    Corey Brewer - - mid-late 2nd
    KJ McDaniels - - latter 1st
    Montrezl Harrell - - latter 1st
    Sam Dekker - - latter 1st

Of this list, IMHO, Brewer and Harrell are least likely fits under new regime.

I think KJ and Sammy D might just become solid rotation players in this system.

I think the #1 candidate to be dealt for a respectabl-ish pick is Ariza. I believe he is underrated, unsung and good rotation quality.

I think the #2 candidate to be dealt for a respectabl-ish pick is Harrell. I believe he is going to develop very nicely into a good rotation quality.

I think Brewer is most likely to be dumped for cap space.

Bev? I dunno what to think. He seems perfect for Knixies (with nothing to offer in return) but imperfect for D'Antoni. Philly for a modest pick return? I could see that mebbe.

BTW - - if Ainge would do Rozier for Harrell (but he won't because he has Jordan Mickey, another Harrell. I like this Rozier. A lot!

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The last time when the Rockets acquired Brewer,

these players were involved :

Rockets lost Troy Daniels, future second round picks

Rockets gain Brewer, Shved, and Rony Turiaf. Brewer at that time, was having a terrible season in the T-wolves.

That means :

if you want to trade garbge away, you will only get garbage back.

That's exactly what the Rockets having now, majority of its rosters are garbage.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do rescinded/voided picks count?

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Morey says this every year and every year we come away disappointed. Not this time! I'm not falling for it!!!

Seriously though I think everyone on list except Dekjer, Ariza and Brewer will get you a 1st. Which is all we need.
    There will be very good players in the 16-25 pick range. I'm talking the likes of Sabonis(although I think he will replace Davis in the lottery), Prince, Valentine, Ullis, Johnson, Bembry.