1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What’s the best Steakhouse in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nigel Thornberry, Dec 23, 2017.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Snow? Where art thou?

More game than just beef is awesome, I love venison and elk. I don't consider venison really game meat to Texans, though.

SIL

2. Buck Turgidson

Por que why?

Yeah, starting about 2AM Monday until noonish on Thursday the temp won't get above freezing in the Hill Country, including 24-48 hours under 25 degrees. Snow and Ice and 25mph wind on Tuesday. I'll be inside on Tuesday.

3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

When I moved back to Houston, and went to slumberparties and ****. Every family that i visited had venison meat in their deep freezer in their garage house. Every family, lol. Every time after hunting season, it's oh we're going to fry some onions and grill some venison meat, or wrap jalapeno/bacon in dove meat. Every time.

Dang man, I just moved to Denver. We don't even get it that bad, tomorrow and Tuesday are supposed to be though.

SIL

4. Buck Turgidson

• friends have garage room, check
    • garage room has a freezer, check
    • freezer has meat, check
    • type of meat, check
    You'd be surprised how many folks don't do that sort of stuff.

I'll be spending Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning beating the ice off of water troughs with a sledgehammer, so the critters can get a drink. Big fun. Enjoy your balmy Colorado weather.

Speaking of, how's the snow situation up there? Brother-from-another-mother is in Taos Ski Valley, there's scuttlebutt there of closing the resort early (for the first time in ~50 years) b/c of the lack of snow. People are freaked out.

5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I actually moved here while I was banned from Cfan. True story. Like Jan 5-8 I did the move. Weather has been warmer than expected, but I'm going to miss San Diego's weather. I start work January 22nd, but likely won't be enabled until March. Need to map out some assets, talk to some pipelines. But looking back, for early Jan, pipes have had NO issues. This is first time since I can find emails(circa 2003) in our database. First time, pipes have had no problems. We had freeze offs at the top of Jan in Wyoming, but Colorado....meh. Not that bad right now, getting lucky.

SIL

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

B&B is the best place I've been in Houston by far... 10/10.