1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We've never seen this before

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kevcai, Aug 21, 2020.

1. kevcai

kevcai Member

I'm not talking about the small ball lineup, the 50+ 3 point attempts, or even the lockdown defense so far in the playoffs. The thing that has me the most excited about this team and this playoff run is the excitement/joy that the team is playing with. I have never seen James this animated and genuinely excited for his teammates while he's on the bench.

Man this fosters such a great energy and vibe around the team and it empowers the role players to play their game. The absence of Russ so far might be a blessing in disguise with role players stepping up proving to themselves and to coach that they can contribute at a high level in the playoffs. I have no doubt that Russ coming back will be laser focused on defense and his athleticism will take it up another notch.

Love the level of camaraderie and joy the team is playing with. The true test is when we take one on the chin and lose a game -- hope Russ/James leadership has this energy and swag carry over.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Love the energy.