1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Standings explained in 1 sentence!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Franchise2001, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Landlord Landry

Troll? lol...............6 year old account and only 21 posts......hmmmmm. :cool:

2. Landlord Landry

+1. Except, I wouldn't mind the Spurs, Hornets or Mavs.....really the only 2 teams that worry me in the first round is Pheonix, and L.A. I'd have to think the Rockets would be favorites at home against any other team.

3. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Or maybe he's someone who uses his brain and realizes that Utah>>Rockets without Yao. I don't care about their road record. They have a terrific home record. They won us before the streak on our court. I don't want any part of Utah in the first round. Golden State or Denver. Or dallas.

4. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

who do we want to win tonight?

the warriors or the nuggets? a warriors win ties them with the mavs, but the mavs will still hold the tiebreaker (they lead the season series 2-0). a nuggets win basically just flip flops the 8th seed for the two teams. which win puts more pressure on the mavs, and closer to them falling out of the playoffs?

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

anything that pushes mavdicks out of the playoffs is fine by me.

67 wins last year - amazing
    losing in the first round to an 8th seed - priceless
    failing to make the playoffs next year - ****ing awesome!!! :D

6. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

you forgot mortgaging their future so they could win now - THEN missing the playoffs - truly priceless

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You have to wonder if some teams/players are going to be physically and/or mentally burned out by the time the playoffs get here. We are talking about 10 teams who have been playing with playoff level intensity for the last 15+ games because one or two losses might be the difference between home court advantage or being permanently at home during the playoffs and watching the games on TV.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the spurs are the first team in the west to win 50 games, and they are in 2nd place. the rockets are in 5th place, and yet a half game out of first. the suns and the lakers are tied for their division, and the suns are in sixth place.

this is some wild and wacky stuff.

anything and everything are up for grabs.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What does being a Top 4 do for them????
    They don't get home court.
    Only thing it gets them is a better matchup
    which may not be better [more than likely if they are the #4 and the #5 has a better record than them]

Rocket River